The Pros And Cons Of A College Spring Break Vacation

As told by a returning spring breaker

339

Spring break-- a week of anticipated wild times and deeper college debt; a planned vacation with a group of friends willing to take on the adventures subject to occur. I think all of us can agree there is nothing quite like the feeling of escaping reality, especially in the middle of a daunting semester (regardless of the destination-- from Cancun, to Disney, or maybe even Europe). Though everything in life has its perks and downfalls, I hope the pros of your spring break getaway outweighed the inevitable cons this year. And if they didn't, you might as well laugh looking back on them...

Pro: You didn't have to spend the week bored at home scrolling through Instagram, gawking at the great time your peers appeared to be having. Instead, you were boasting on your own social media, racking up the artsiness and likes.

Pro (if applicable): You escaped the brutality of the cold, returning with a glow on your face all the pasty non-spring breakers won't have.

Con: You blew a lot of money. Sure, you thought you were smart for booking "all-inclusive." But extra costs did and forever will find a way to sneak up and screw you. How's that wallet looking now?

Con: You ate a massive amount of food and gained a significant amount of weight (or at least felt like you did when all of your pants suddenly "shrunk"). Your next battle will be shedding off the pounds you worked so hard losing pre-vacation.

Pro: But you finally had time to relax-- the time you can't even spare a second for in your regular routine. You deserved this breath of fresh air.

Con: The relaxation bestowed a funk of laziness upon you. Arising from bed is harder than ever, like making your way to the gym post-vacation.

Con: You lost your school mode mojo. The thought of papers and tests seems all too harsh. You were just sitting on a beach a few days ago without a care in the world...

Pro: You got a miniature preview of summer vacation. Use that as motivation to push through the next couple of months!

Pro: You created memories you'll rave about for a lifetime, stories awaiting to be told, and smiles you'll revisit every time the main highlights of this spring break vacation cross your mind. You may be broke as a result, but this, my friends, is absolutely priceless.