The 5 Pros and 5 Cons To The Holiday Season

We're all thinking it, I'm sure

2590
Blogspot.com

To be clear, I don't have anything against Christmas, really, or those who do love it. I'm just not a very big holiday person in general, and when it comes to Christmas, I'm just not a very big fan.

1. Christmas = Snow

And snow means being cold, which is only cool when you're snuggling under soft blankets with a hot drink. I've been in Maryland my entire life, but nothing will change the fact that I absolutely HATE being unnecessarily cold.

2. The Music

Okay, look. Don't attack me. When Baby It's Cold Outside comes on, you'd be hard-pressed to not find me singing it. But I cannot stand having Christmas songs shoved down my throat because they're being played everywhere. #Sorrynotsorry.

3. Shopping for Presents

So. Much. Anxiety.

4. Receiving Presents

See above.

5. Christmas Dinner with the Family

I love them, but there is a lot of them. And we are very loud.

However, I am not a total Scrooge. There are some things I like and even love about the season:

1. Movie Marathons

As soon as the weather starts to change, my sister and I start quoting Jim Carrey's How the Grinch Stole Christmas every single chance we get. And A Year Without A Santa Claus will FOREVER be a classic.

2. Shopping for Presents

As anxiety-wrecking as it is, I absolutely love shopping for other people.

3. Decorating

Maybe it's strange, but I really love shopping for Christmas tress. And later, decorating it and talking about the memories associated with each decoration. It's a lot of fun.

4. Other Decorations

I love driving around at night and seeing all the different decorations and displays around town

5. Christmas Dinner with the Family

They're pretty crazy, and definitely loud, but as overwhelming as they can be, I love when we're all together laughing and sharing stories and just having a lot of fun. Also: So. Much. Food.