Being A Tall Girl Has Its Ups And Downs (Literally)

11 Ups And Downs Of Being The Girl Who's Taller Than Your Average Girl

There are ups and downs — literally.

88

It has been a couple of years since I have stopped growing and stayed at the tender height of five feet and eight inches. Growing up being a tall person would have its pros and there would be cons. I've experienced tons of them throughout my life, especially the past few years back in high school going into college. Here are 11 of them.

1. You can reach in high places.

It can be both a pro and con, and the only reason it's a con is if someone abuses that use (hi, mom).

2. You know that you're going to be in either the mid-back or the back of group photos.

You're tall, and there might also be more tall people you know. So group photos are pretty easy for you to find your place.

3. It might run in your family.

It runs on my dad's side of the family, so I see people on his side standing at above five foot eight up to past six feet. My younger brother, who is 15, is three inches taller than me and will be hitting six feet soon.

4. People will, however, think you play basketball.

I mean, I did in the past but not all tall people play or played basketball. I know it's mostly a sport for tall people, but not everyone in even professional basketball stands above six feet.

5. But if you do, use that height to your advantage.

Wise words from my parents during my basketball days.

6. Low ceilings and roofs on cars are your enemies.

Headaches from hitting your head are bound to happen.

7. So are back seats of cars.

Enjoy trips with scrunched up legs.

8. Posture issues might show up.

I have scoliosis, but that probably from my growth spurt back in middle school.

9. Dress codes might've been hell.

How are we suppose to wear cute dresses if the only reason we can't wear them is because our legs are too long?

10. But you still put the pep in your steps.

Work those long strides.

11. You wouldn't trade your height for anything.

You might feel like a freak, but it's OK. Your height is what makes you who you are. Embrace the tall!