A Promise From the Not-Really-Aunts & Uncles

We may not be officially related, but I'll always be your family.

71
Taylor DeMarco

We all have seen the Open Letters from Aunts and Uncles to their nieces and nephews. They are adorable, relatable (even if we aren't one ourselves) and just down right precious. What there seems to be lack of, are the letters from the role models that are not technically an Aunt or Uncle, but they have a bond just like any relative would. So, to my fellow nope-cles and not-nties, this one is for you!

To My Not-Really-Niece/Nephew,

Though we may not be related by blood or marriage yet, I see no difference in our love. When we first met, I was in complete awe. A little person in sleeping right in front of me and has the potential to do anything they want to do in life. I could be holding a future Hugh Jackman, feeding the upcoming master brain surgeon or playing with someone capable of making the cure for cancer. The possibilities of what you can achieve are endless and I cannot wait to watch you make your milestones and succeed.

I will try my hardest to be the role model you need as you grow. I will teach you what it takes to work hard and never settling for less. I will never stop encouraging you and becoming your cheerleader through it all. You will never go a day without feeling 100% support and love while I'm around. I will make sure you know how truly blessed you are for having such a great family and being around people that love you so much.

I see how bright your future is every time I look into your eyes. Your smile is contagious, as well as you laughter, and you are going to bring joy to so many peoples lives. You've impacted the people you've met for the better already, just wait until you can actually start walking and talking!

Things will get rough, don't get me wrong. Life is a tough obstacle course, no matter who you are or how old you get. And with all this, I just have my advice to give you: Never give up. Never let anything stop you. Use the negatives in your life as motivation and be a fighter. You have the power to change anything, so do it. Show everyone what you have in you, even if you fail. Never settle for what you don't deserve. Strive for greatness and achieve your goals. Set your standards high and never look back. Always respect others, including your parents. Lastly (and most importantly), love harder and don't expect anything in return. Jump oceans for people, even if they won't leap puddles for you. Always be the bigger person and stay kind.

I am so excited to see you grow. You have the chance to do something great, don't waste it. I love you and I'm always here for you, not matter what!

Sincerely,

You Not-Really Aunt/Uncle