Procrastination Helped Me Get Better Grades

Procrastination helped saved me through certain times.

234

College has taught me some valuable lessons when it comes to trying to balance work, school, and social life. There has been plenty of times where I have fallen victim to not submitting a paper on time, or studying for a test late. Although procrastination is not the most efficient way to get your work done, I can attest to me getting some of my best grades through procrastination.

There will be days where the workload is too much, or you will be too lazy to want to do anything. That is okay. I am very good at getting my work done on time, but some days I want to relax my brain and take a break. As a college student naps are essential. Taking breaks throughout classes also help to give your mind some time is needed.

If you are someone like me, you take your work very seriously, and any grade lower than a B makes you feel a certain way. I know it makes me feel defeated when I get a bad grade, but if you cannot focus on your work correctly, it will be challenging to maintain your grades.

Procrastination is always seen as a bad thing just because most people want quality over quantity, and some are personally unable to produce good work with procrastination. I have been able to keep my good grades even with doing things that are time sensitive and maintained a good GPA. I'm not here to say that you should procrastinate because your grades will be immaculate. I'm saying it is not the end of the world if you have to take a breather from work which causes you to push back work.

I am a firm believer in saying that the work will always be there whether or not you do it on time. As long as you are in a good mental state and your grades are well a little procrastination won't hurt.