9 Problems Only Girls With THICK Hair Have

Yes, I have a lot of hair. Yes, I know it's thick.

375
Hear Stapps

Hair, in general, is hard to deal with, whether it be straight, curly, thick, or thin.

I am sure there are problems with each hair type, but for this list, here is what girls with thick hair have to deal with. Believe me, just ask any of us; having thick hair is a hassle sometimes (all the time).

1. Our hair can never be tamed.

We wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and there it is staring back at us. That heaping, frizzed-out mess we call our hair. Not even wetting it will keep it down. No amount of bobby pins will keep it in place. If it is raining, we can kiss trying to do our hair goodbye because the humidity is our worst enemy.

2. All our hair ties break.

In an attempt to control our hair, we make the sane decision to put it into a bun or ponytail. However, a new problem occurs: as soon as the third wrap around comes, the hair tie snaps. We reach for a new one, make a second attempt, and SNAP! There goes another hair tie. Finally, four hair ties later, we somehow managed to put our hair in a ponytail, but it feels so tight that we get a headache soon after.

3. Taking our hair ties out is also a problem.

We got our hair in the ponytail/bun, now we have to take it out. We carefully start to unwrap the hair tie, trying to get past the pain of our hair getting wrapped around the hair tie. Finally, when we get to the end of it all, we take a look at the hair tie and see the huge chunk of hair attached to it, questioning if we have a bald spot.

4. Dealing with hair stylists at the salon.

I don't know about you but every time I go into a hair salon and sit down in one of those black chairs, the first thing the hair stylist says to me is "Wow! You have so much hair!" or "Your hair is so thick!" Yes, I know I have a lot of hair. Yes, I know my hair is thick. Thank you for pointing out the obvious. On top of that, a 30-minute haircut turns into a 2 - 3 hour haircut depending on how long our hair is and if we have layers, and don't even get me started on how expensive it is.

5. Everyone wants to touch our hair.

This one is weird, I know, but it happens a lot! Personally, I have had a lot of people who have asked me if they can feel my hair. Those of us with thick hair aren't exactly sure why people would want to touch the "rat's nest" on our heads but it looks like there is an appeal towards it. A lot of the time, people just get their fingers stuck in our knots, which hurts more than it sounds.

6. We break our hair brushes.

Every single hair brush we have ever had has probably broken due to brushing our hair. It does not matter where the hair brush is bought from; if there is a huge knot in our hair, that brush is toast. I can only imagine the struggle with girls that have thick and curly hair. Not only do our brushes break, but the pain of brushing our hair is so bad, it almost makes us happy when our brushes do break.

7. Styling our hair becomes a nightmare.

We scroll passed a picture on Pinterest or Instagram and we get the idea to try it! However, three hours later and only half of our hair done, we realize that styling our hair just isn't worth it anymore. Most of us continue anyway and another three hours later, the style we want is finally finished . . . and then we compare it to the picture and realize that our hair is just a complete mess. From that point, we just stare hopelessly in the mirror wondering why we even let ourselves waste six hours of our day trying to style our hair.

8. Showering becomes a hassle.

Showing is supposed to be everybody's "me time" where you step in, feel the water, and relax. For the most part, that is true until it's time to wash and condition our hair. Having thick hair practically means we have to use twice as much shampoo and conditioner (hooray for spending more money) and as we are washing it, our hair always seems to just end up all over the place. We get out of the shower and there is hair all over the walls, shower curtain, even ourselves! We constantly have to clean out the drain so our shower does not turn into a bath half way through. Plus, our hair takes forever to dry.

9. Wanting to shave our head all the time.

We always have that thought in the back of our minds about how life would be so much easier if we just didn't have hair. We wouldn't have to go through so many hair products, we would never have annoying neck sweat, and wigs are easy to style!

However, even though we go through all of these problems, at the end of the day, we still manage to say we love our thick hair and procure the strength to deal with it. Our hair is a part of us and we would not have it any other way (except when we are wanting to shave it all off!).