Our President's Greatest Critic May Be Himself

Reddit users work tirelessly to highlight the POTUS's hypocrisy.
290

For those that don't know about Reddit, I like to describe it as a social media platform where instead of following users, you follow topics. If you like food, you can subscribe to /r/food. If you like video games, you can subscribe to /r/gaming and any of the plethora of subreddits dedicated to specific video games. And if you are into politics, I'd like to introduce /r/TrumpCriticizesTrump.

Quickly approaching 100,000 subscribers, /r/TrumpCriticizesTrump (on Twitter as @DonTrumpsTrump) is a community where users keep track of every time Trump contradicts himself with a tweet, whether his current actions contradict past tweets, his current tweets contradict past actions, or two tweets simply contradict each other. Users are required to accompany their posts with context that links the President's tweet to its contradiction. This forces the subreddit to remain factual and avoid spiraling into an anecdotal Trump hate subreddit.

For example, after Trump decided that transgender people would no longer be allowed to serve in the US military, a user posted this tweet from last year:

Another user dug up a tweet from 2012 after Trump's 17-day vacation to a private New Jersey golf club:

The same user accompanied his post with three examples of Trump bashing Obama for going on golfing trips during his presidency:

Comment from discussion "Don't take vacations. What's the point? If you're not enjoying your work, you're in the wrong job." -- Think Like A Billionaire - 11:28 am - 19 Nov 2012.

Yet another user posted an all-too-relevant tweet after Trump threatened "fire and fury" against North Korea:

A frightening thought is that this subreddit will never run out of content. After nearly everything Trump does, one can find a corresponding post with a contradicting tweet. Like the subreddit's sidebar reads, "For every Trump action there is a Trump tweet criticizing that action." Whether his personality is legitimately a flip-flopping mess or his every word has an ulterior motive, it is clear he is not fit to hold what is possibly the most powerful position in the world. Trump's only consistency is his blatant hypocrisy.

Luckily, we have communities like /r/TrumpCriticizesTrump so we can at least keep track of the inconsistencies while we're along for the ride.