Preparing Early For Finals As Told By "Shameless"

Circle doesn't start with an "S"?

180
The AV Club

No matter what anyone has to say, finals week is absolutely brutal.

You'll spend so much time studying and stressed out that by the time you're finally done with your finals you're ready for a night of celebrating than a week straight of sleep.

But coming from a college senior who has finally realized the importance of preparing for finals earlier than the night before, here is what it's like preparing early for finals as told by one of our favorite shows, "Shameless".

There is a little of Lip Gallagher and company in all of us, am I right?

Waking up and realizing it's time to start studying

Sure, I'd rather have a beer to start my weekend off but I would also like to graduate sometime before I turn 35.

Somone brings up the idea of preparing for finals earlier than usual

Surprisingly, they're serious.

Looking at the study guide for the first time

The first time you look at your study guide is always the worst. You realize how much studying you have to do and that none of your friends have started studying yet, therefore, they can't help you.

Finding out some of your classmates have already started studying, too

YES, I would enjoy meeting in the library for extra study sessions, sharing study guides and studying for our final.

When the stress is getting to you

You're exhausted, hungry, cranky and your brain hurts. More than once you will find yourself blaming your teachers for the stress you now feel.

Going to your Professor for help

For some reason almost all professor's enjoy putting a topic on the study guide that no one remembers's going over in class. But despite this, it's guaranteed to show up on the exam. And even better, when you go to your professor to ask for help, they will expect you to be prepared for everything whether they taught you the topic or not.

Not all study sessions go well

Listen, I tried. Believe me, I'll be looking over those flashcards a few more hundred times.

"You're seriously not coming out tonight because you're studying for finals already?"

Yes, I know finals are still weeks away. Yes, I know the party tonight will probably be "lit". And yes, I know it makes me lame that I'm staying in on a Saturday night to work on my final research paper. But it will also be "lit" when I pass my finals with flying colors.

Everyone has something to say

Whether you're staying up late and studying too much or not studying enough. Whether you're staying in to study on a Friday night or going out to take a night off from studying. Your teachers, parents, friends and classmates will all have their own opinions on how much you should or shouldn't be studying and I just wish everyone would stop telling me what to do.

The constant consideration of dropping out

We all come to the point where we get so stressed out and frustrated that we will start debating dropping out. We will wonder why we need to know these topics and how they are going to help us in our future careers.

"When was the last time you slept?"

LOL. Good question.

I'm smarter than I look

Feel free to look at my final grades, I'm a hell of a lot smarter than I may look.

After all of this, you still find yourself cramming last-minute and pulling an all-nighter somehow.

Yep.

When the final is multiple choice

Every. Time.

And when you finally turn in your last exam

It may have been a rough few weeks, and you may have missed out on some parties along the way. But hey, it's finally over. So here's to you, you survived. Cheers.