Prejudice Tears US Apart

Prejudice Tears US Apart

Hate Doesn't Change The Heart

105
Prejudice Tears US Apart
Pixababy .com

There is a lot of tension in our country today with elections, wars, protests, and fights about whose life matters. I feel like we've gone back to 1948 except not really because today everyone had the right to vote in this year's election, and everyone has the freedom to peacefully (without violating any laws or putting others in danger) protest. Injustice was fought not by spreading more hate, but by men and women with character and integrity who stood to show those with prejudice hearts that they were people too. If you respond in hate against the prejudice in someone's heart, you are only planting more fear in that person's heart. If you want to change someone's worldview then start by showing them that you are not someone to fear. Stand out from your stereotype. No one gets to choose where they were born or the color of their skin, but you can choose how you respond to the negative and positive stereotypes from society. The way to change a heart is not by screaming out for equality and justice, but by loving them even when they don't love you back.

Love will open more hearts and ears. Hate will spur on more fears

Protests, fights, and screams;
That's all I see on the TV screens.
Another news story about someone shooting their gun,
and the media is sure to mention the color of everyone.
Why not just stick to the facts?
Race has nothing to do with these tragic acts.
When we look beyond the color of their skin,
We can see the real issue is from within.
Pointing fingers and fighting does not do anything more than start a war.
If you want people to change then you must put down your picket signs,
and seek to understand their side.
Prejudice is in the heart that won't be fixed by tearing each other apart.
The way to change a heart is not through hurling insults or blood,
but through turning the other cheek and responding in love.
It doesn't matter if you're white, black, yellow, blue or green,
because we're all created in the image of the One, True King!
It's time to stop listening to the hate displayed on the TV screen;
Let's talk like we're all real people and stop our hateful screams.
So put down your picket signs and stop gathering in angry masses;
Responding with hate and fear is only separating more of our classes.

"I give you a new command. Love one another. You must love one another, just as I have loved you." (John 13:34 NIRV)

"Here is my command. Love each other, just as I have loved you. No one has greater love than one who gives his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command." (John 15:12-14 NIRV)
"There is no fear in love. Instead, perfect drives fear away. Fear has to do with being punished. The one who fears does not have perfect love. We love because he (God) loved us first. Anyone who says he loves God but in fact hates his brother or sister is a liar. He doesn't love his brother or sister, whom he has seen. So he can't love God, whom he has not seen. Here is the command God has given us. Anyone who loves God must also love his brothers and sisters." (1 John 4:18-21 NIRV)