Predictions For 'Spider-Man: Far From Home'

WARNING: "ENDGAME" SPOILERS ARE AHEAD!

1557
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gageskidmore/28036487013
Flickr

The official trailer for "Spider-Man: Far From Home" just got released, and I'm very excited about it, but also a tiny bit nervous! The movie serves as a sequel to the 2017 MCU film "Spider-Man: Homecoming" and will also serve as the first movie since the events of "Avengers: Endgame" (which, as I said before, there are SPOILERS FOR AHEAD!).

The trailer depicts Peter Parker (Tom Holland) mourning his friend and mentor Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr), going on vacation, and discovering a multi-verse. The character of Mysterio (Jake Gyllenhaal), at least in this movie, comes from an alternate reality/dimension.

Personally, after watching the trailer, I strongly believe a few different things: First of all, I'm fairly confident that Peter will stop being secretive about his Spider-Man identity (Ned, Aunt May, and MJ already know, and I wouldn't be surprised if others have also found out). I also think that Happy will start helping Peter more, at least to honor Tony Stark's wishes if nothing else. We'll also probably get to see Peter healing from the loss of Tony, and eventually moving on.

Moving on to the multi-verse stuff, I think it's legit. In the comics, Mysterio has a bit of a reputation for lying, to say the least, which leads some fans to believe that the multi-verse will end up being a fake thing. I disagree!

We got a glimpse of a multi-verse in a different Spidey move, "Into the Spider-verse". Of course, the events of "Avengers: Endgame" also helped to set up for the possibility of multiple different worlds. Doctor Strange hinted at the possibility of such a thing, too.

There is no doubt in my mind that everything that we saw in the trailer is legitimate. I can't wait to see where Marvel takes this one, and I cannot wait for July.