10 Power Pop Bands You Wish Were Still Together

It was truly a simpler time, I still cry about all of these.

412
Glamor Kills

The year is 2008, you're wearing your favorite pair of converse that you sharpied up with your favorite bands names, begging your mom to let you go to the Boys Like Girls concert even though you just saw Hey Monday a month ago, because god forbid you go to more than one concert every six months. You feel soooo different than everyone else in your area for listening to "punk rock" music (even though it was far from it). There is no doubt in my mind that almost everyone went through a powerpop phase, reading this will instantly bring you back to it!

1. The Academy Is...

Formed in 2003 in Chicago mainly known for their very rambunctious front man William Beckett, with his wild hair and too skinny jeans. This band was on everyone's Myspace page. Especially"About A Girl". They called it quits in October of 2011. To this day, I still remember where I was when The Academy Is...broke up.

2. Go Radio
Formed after Jason Lancaster left Mayday Parade, this band had more heartbreaking and angsty songs than you could imagine. By the time 2013 came around, fans could tell that this would be the final run for the band. They had run their course and had hit their peak. They're still the best band to cry you eyes out to after a bad breakup.

3. Stereo Skyline
If you think there was a band more bubblegum pop than this, you were wrong. They had the total boyband look down to a T, minus the dance moves (and the fact that they play instruments). Definitely the most fun group to see in the powerpop era, "Heartbeat" gives me war flashbacks still.

4. A Rocket To The Moon
Is anyone really over this breakup? I would give up my left arm to see Rocket in their prime days, Nick Santino can perform music of any genre and it's amazing.Let's bring back Rocket 2016. When they called it quits, the internet exploded in the worst way.

5. This Providence
A band that probably should've done way better in the music scene for the music they made. It was catchy, some considered them a "one hit wonder" in the powerpop community for "Letdown" . Their breakup was announced very informally at a house show. No one has heard of what any of the members are doing in 2016. They deserved more credit than what they were given.

6. Sparks The Rescue
Sparks may or may not be a band anymore, but Eyes To The Sun was the best album ever released, even to this day. Everything they needed to do to blow up, they did right. It was short lived, but they did it right. I'm not only brought back to 2007 when I listen to this band but they are such a good band to listen to in the summer.

7. Cute Is What We Aim For
You either loved Cute or you absolutely hated them, there was no in between. However Same Old Blood Rush...is a powerpop classic whether you like it or not. Screaming "Curse of Curves" at school dances was something I lived for. Even though they are no longer making music together, they are doing a 10 year tour for Same Old Blood Rush, but in Australia...

8. Forever The Sickest Kids
Another one of those bands that just slowly disappeared into the abyss of the internet. They reached their peak with Underdog Alma Mater, getting them so big that their songs were featured in Nerf Gun commercials and for the second "The Diary Of A Wimpy Kid" movie.

9. Hey Monday
Finally, what every girl who loved powerpop was waiting for: a female fronted band. Every girl at some point in her life strived to be like Cassadee Pope, whether it was the fact that she was so cool or dating the drummer of All Time Low.. Everyone loved her, it made girls feel much more edgy and rebellious when they wanted to dye their hair just like Cassadee's. Still, she is so cool. When they got radio play though, that's when they went downhill. Happens to the best of them.

10. Every Avenue
I saved the best for last. I know everyone was waiting for this one. I could write a whole paper on how good Every Avenue was. They ignited my love for music. I remember putting on VH1 in the morning to see if they'd play the "Fall Apart" music video. Known best for "Tell Me I'm A Wreck", but every song they put out was a true jam. I would do a lot for an Every Avenue reunion tour, a lot of people would. The Academy Is did one, I vote that Every Avenue is next. Please. It still hurts me that they're not a band anymore. Every Avenue forever.