Post-Festival Depression Is Real And It Sucks

Or maybe it's just post-fun depression?

47

You know exactly what I mean when I say "post-festival depression." It could even be "post-amusement park depression" if that's what floats your boat. Overall, it's the drive back to the city you reside in after having an amazing time someplace else. It just so happens that every-time I'm experiencing this, it just starts pouring and adding to my dramatics. It's when you realize you have to get back to work, back to school, and back to the never-ending cycle of your daily events.

I'll tell you right now, I'm still going through my post-festival depression after a long weekend at EDC. I got to see some of my friends that I hardly speak face-to-face with anymore because we all live in different places. Coming together for one fun weekend was exactly what I needed. Until it's over. I have nothing to look forward to currently, which is definitely when the depression starts to form.

Although it is always going to hurt to leave a happy place, I think the key to staying excited is to find something new to be excited about. It's nice to enjoy the moment, but sometimes we just need a reminder that better things are coming. Maybe you're planning a girls' trip for April, or maybe you're just taking a day-trip to the beach. Either way, having something to look forward to makes the days in-between that much better. It's more fun studying for an exam when you remember that after this exam, you can go do whatever you please.

It may sound cheesy but hope and excitement are what keeps us driven. Think about why you're in school: you're hoping to get a job, and excited for what the future holds. Everything we do has a purpose, even these sad moments when you feel slightly trapped and disappointed. Just breathe and remember that there will be more weekends that are filled with fun, and even more weekends where you might not do anything. It's important to be grateful for them all.