It can be hard to stay positive in a world full of negativity. Us women have to endure body image issues, amongst many things, so how can we live a more positive life? Start off small. Be your own hero, be the shining light in your life and love yourself. Tell yourself good things. Compliment yourself. If you need inspiration, here are 15 words of affirmation that can help you have a brighter day:
Popular Right Now
Something happened today that I never thought in a million years would happen. I opened up a drawer at my parents' house and I found my pink, 4th generation iPod Nano. I had not seen this thing since I graduated from the 8th grade, and the headphones have not left my ears since I pulled it out of that drawer. It's funny to me how music can take you back. You listen to a song and suddenly you're wearing a pair of gauchos, sitting on the bleachers in a gym somewhere, avoiding boys at all cost at your seventh grade dance. So if you were around in 2007 and feel like reminiscing, here is a playlist straight from the iPod of a middle schooler in 2007.
1. "Bad Day" — Daniel Powter
2. "Hips Don't Lie" — Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean
3. "Unwritten" — Natasha Bedingfield
4. "Run It!" — Chris Brown
5. "Girlfriend" — Avril Lavigne
6. "Move Along" — All-American Rejects
7. "Fergalicious" — Fergie
8. "Every Time We Touch" — Cascada
9. "Ms. New Booty" — Bubba Sparxxx
10. "Chain Hang Low" — Jibbs
11. "Smack That" — Akon ft. Eminem
12. "Waiting on the World to Change" — John Mayer
13. "Stupid Girls" — Pink
14. "Irreplaceable" — Beyonce
15. "Umbrella" — Rihanna ft. Jay-Z
16. "Don't Matter" — Akon
17. "Party Like A Rockstar" — Shop Boyz
18. "This Is Why I'm Hot" — Mims
19. "Beautiful Girls" — Sean Kingston
20. "Bartender" — T-Pain
21. "Pop, Lock and Drop It" — Huey
22. "Wait For You" — Elliot Yamin
23. "Lips Of An Angel" — Hinder
24. "Face Down" — Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
25. "Chasing Cars" — Snow Patrol
26. "No One" — Alicia Keys
27. "Cyclone" — Baby Bash ft. T-Pain
28. "Crank That" — Soulja Boy
29. "Kiss Kiss" — Chris Brown
30. "Lip Gloss" — Lil' Mama
For the days when you need to be reminded that you are really doing the dang thing and doing it well.
1. Do you really need someone else's permission, acceptance, wink, or nod, or are you ready to give these to yourself? -The Universe
I get notes from the Universe everyday and all of them are so amazing and inspiring. There might be a few of them on this list. You can sign up for your own notes from the universe here.
2. The princess saves herself in this one. -Amanda Lovelace
The quote is based off a book called The Princess Saves Herself In This One, which is a collection of poetry about resilience, you can get the book here.
3. I'm made of more than you think. -Snow White, Mirror, Mirror
4. Other people's perception of you ain't none of your business. -Lisa Nichols
CLAPPING HANDS EMOJI.
5. Do you realize how many events and choices that had to occur since the birth of the universe leading to the making of just exactly the way you are? -Mrs. Which, A Wrinkle In Time
I love this because it really hits home how so many right and wrong decisions led to the creation of you and how you should appreciate the good and the bad because without either of them you wouldn't be exactly who you were supposed to be.
6. You can't stop what's done to you. You can only survive it. -Rachel, Georgia Rule
This brings up an important theme of my life that I'm still trying to figure out. The only thing you can control in your life is how you react to what happens to you.
7. Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. -Patrick Verona, 10 Things I Hate About You
8. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Queen Clarisse, The Princess Diaries
9. No trifling of the past, no matter how great, can tarnish the brilliance of eternity. -The Universe
10. People who are insignificant to your future shouldn't have an impact on your present.
Someone once told me this, and although I can't remember the person, this quote has always stuck with me.
11. Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before. -Lady Gaga
You know what... I think she was talking about you.
12. Tell yourself it's easy. Tell yourself often. Make it an affirmation. Eat, sleep, breathe it, and you life shall be transformed. -The Universe
13. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. -Mark Twain
Go on then, be empowered and trust your instincts, you've got big things coming... I can tell.