Positive Outlook On 2017

Positive Outlook On 2017

The world has enough anger, so yours is unnecessary.

11
Positive Outlook On 2017
gretchenrubin.com

On January 1, 2017, we all woke up with a blank slate of a new year ahead and endless possibilities to achieve new goals and adopt new attitudes. The year of 2016 came with highs and lows for everyone but how we reacted to those moments that are now in the past will affect how we take on 2017. In order to make this the best year yet and to accomplish the long list of resolutions it is imperative that our attitudes are in check and that we have nothing but joy in our hearts, because with a negative attitude it is close to impossible to have motivation to be a better version of ourselves. When our attitudes change everyone can see a difference, and it changes how we view the world. Instead of viewing the world through eyes of hate and jealousy, with a positive attitude we feel the need to explore the world around us and change our world for the better.

Many think that is difficult to change a negative attitude into a positive one and although it is challenging it is not impossible. Having an attitude change starts with you, no with those around you. Start to pay close attention to how you react to comments from others, especially criticism that comes your way. This is a small step and from there start to pay attention on how you view the world. If you view the world through judgmental eyes, this will affect your entire attitude toward the world. Adopt an open-minded attitude, if someone invites you to go ice skating over the holidays do not think of the bad outcomes such as broken bones, think of the memories you can make along the way. This is the main reason why in 2017 everyone, myself included should look at the year through positive lenses, because if we hold back from adventures and possibilities then we will have nothing but regrets this time next year.

Everyone says “this is going to be my year” and there is no reason why this should not be your year. You have 365 days that is 365 blank canvases to do whatever you want and be whoever you want, so what is stopping you? If you look at 2017 through positive lenses then there is no reason why our lists of new years resolutions should collect dust. Also if you do not feel the need to make new years resolutions because “it is lame” or “I know I am not going to fulfill them, so what is the point?”, what does that say about your attitude? And also what is stopping you from having a better attitude? Because when 2018 decides to show up we honestly have no one to blame but ourselves for any lack of change. Every new year, someone writes an article and challenges the reader to make a change and do something with their lives, and I am doing that. But not just a basic “go join a gym” but more of “change your viewpoint on the world”, because quite frankly the world has enough hatred and anger so any that you have or I have is unnecessary and there is no reason why it should not be replaced with positivity.