life attitude

Are You A Positive Polly or A Negative Nancy? The Choice Is Up To You

The best choice you can make is to think positive and be happy.

599
Allie Bishop

Life is all about choices.

Where am I going to go to college? What am I going to have for breakfast? When am I going to do my laundry?

And each choice we make has consequences, good or bad. Some choices can be easier than others.

One monumental thing I have learned recently is that no matter what is going on in life, or out of all the choices you might have to make that day, the best choice you can make is to think positive and be happy.

Make the best out of every situation.

Growing up my family would always joke about me being a "negative Nancy" or a "positive Polly" when I would tell stories or talk about my day. Not sure if this was some sort of parenting tactic, but my gosh did it work. Now I can easily point out someone's glowing positive attitude and smile, and I can also quickly notice others negative energy.

One of my favorite quotes is simply "Radiate Positivity." I don't know how many times I have been upset or angry and just seeing someone smile or laugh can immediately change my whole mood.

It's like what your parents use to tell you when you would get into a fight with your friend at school.

"Kill em with kindness."

Just let all that negative energy or feelings you have towards someone or something go.

I have been angry. I have been upset. And I have let those emotions fill my body with so much darkness and hatred that it soon began to take over my life.

Don't dwell on the past or hold grudges against people who were apart of who you use to be. Instead, find those people you want to be around for when you discover who you want to become.