Pokémon GO Safety Tips

Pokémon GO Safety Tips

Have fun, stay safe and catch em’ all!

39
Pokémon GO Safety Tips
CDN

With "Pokémon GO," the new Pokémon-catching app, becoming massively popular among folks from all corners of the world, concerns regarding the safety of players continue to rise. Ever since the app was released, players have been injured, robbed and even shot at while playing the game. Most players have become so focused on “catching em’ all,” that they have completely disregarded their safety. Although “Pokémon GO” can be insanely fun and addicting, safety always comes first. Consider these helpful safety tips the next time you go out on your next Pokémon adventure!

1. Be aware of your surroundings

Although this might sound generic and obvious, many players have hurt themselves unintentionally by not paying attention to their surroundings. People have ran into poles, bumped into each other, fallen off cliffs, and even gotten hit by cars. Take your eyes off the screen and watch where you're walking. Make sure to never stray into areas that seem questionable or dangerous. If it seems fishy, then it is best to turn back and go elsewhere (Team Rocket might be lurking nearby).

2. Don't catch and drive

Just like texting and drinking, catching Pokémon while driving might lead to terrible consequences for you and those around you. Not only would you be placing yourself in danger, but you would also be putting those within your immediate surroundings at risk. So, no driving while playing! Walking is always the best option, especially with friends!

3. Never stray alone

Always do your best to go out with a friend or family member when playing. Catching Pokémon at night can be dangerous, so never wander out alone on cold, dark nights. Stay within well-lit areas. If you are a minor, then always be within the presence of an adult. Remember, catching Pokémon is always more fun within the company of awesome friends like Ash, Misty, and Brock!

4. Keep an eye on battery life

Make sure your phone never dies out on you while on an epic adventure away from home. Bring a portable charger and keep an eye on the phone percentage. If your phone starts getting low on battery and you did not bring a portable charger with you, then it is best to call it quits for the day and go home (or find a nearby Pokémon Center).

5. Avoid dark, creepy, and suspicious areas

If it looks like it belongs in a scary, horror movie, then it most definitely belongs in a scary, horror movie. Players have gotten mugged, robbed and even shot at, so be smart and avoid these places. Although Ash might have sacrificed himself for the fate of humanity and Pokémon as we know it, it is never worth losing your life over a game!

6. Most importantly, have fun!

Even though the game may seem dangerous at times, it is still a fun app to use. Pokémon adventures are great to experience, but remember to consider your safety above all else. At the end of the day, just make sure that you get back home to your family (and Pokémon) in one piece. Have fun, stay safe, and catch em’ all!