Poetry On The Odyssey: Unstuck

Poetry On The Odyssey: Unstuck

All this time, he was getting me unstuck, and I didn't even know it.

26
Poetry On The Odyssey: Unstuck

Have you ever felt stuck? I have felt stuck plenty of times in my life. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. A lot of things made me feel like I was unstuck; alcohol, friends, boys, but I realized that those were just temporary. At one point, I didn't know if I would ever become truly unstuck. I felt sad, alone, and hopeless. Until he came along. I refuse to admit it to anyone else, or even to myself, but I knew from the start that he was the one who would get me unstuck for good. For months, I dreamed of what it was like to be loved by him, or what it was like to be loved at all. He was subject of all my daydreams, and the one I thought about while listening to sappy love songs. He stuck me in so many ways, before I even knew it was happening. It felt good to finally feel again, even if I thought the feelings were not mutual. He brought a light into my life and made me shine brighter than I ever thought possible. All this time, he was getting me unstuck, and I didn't even know it. Until one day, I woke up in his arms, and for once in my life, I felt free.