Broken Hearted Poetry

Poetry On Odyssey: For My Broken Heart

We'll be alright.

911

My dearest heart,

I know you're hurting right now, I can feel it too.

You were gone for so long,

And for what you've been through,

I want to say I'm sorry,

But it wouldn't be true.

You had a great year,

And we had a lot of fun,

So don't hide from your feelings,

Because he wasn't just anyone.

People like him are hard to find,

So stop the tears, straighten up, keep your head,

And be kind.

You loved him once,

And maybe still do,

So let go of your anger,

And we'll get through.

We'll keep a place for him,

Somewhere inside,

Not too big, not too small,

But good enough to keep our pride.

Let's remember the good times,

And reflect on the bad,

But mostly think about

All the fun that you had,

And the love that you felt,

For a true best friend,

Because if you hold on to anger,

We'll just pretend,

That we're over it all,

For the rest of our days,

And that's no way to live,

So let's praise

All the good times

And bad

We both know that really,

There's no need to be sad.

It's for the best for you both,

My little heart and him,

And the future is bright,

Even though it looks grim.

So I'll get the tape and some glue, and we'll fix you right up.

Because remember, this is only our first breakup.

But before we go off to find someone new,

Let's make a promise to ourselves, me and you,

To love ourself first, before anyone,

Because we're both in this for the long run.

When the curtain comes down,

And it's just us two,

I know in my heart,

That I love you.

- Me

Cover Image Credit:

https://www.pexels.com/photo/art-broken-explosion-...

9 Reasons Crocs Are The Only Shoes You Need

Crocs have holes so your swag can breathe.
42546

Do you have fond childhood objects that make you nostalgic just thinking about your favorite Barbie or sequenced purse? Well for me, its my navy Crocs. Those shoes put me through elementary school. I eventually wore them out so much that I had to say goodbye. I tried Airwalks and sandals, but nothing compared. Then on my senior trip in New York City, a four story Crocs store gleamed at me from across the street and I bought another pair of Navy Blue Crocs. The rest is history. I wear them every morning to the lake for practice and then throughout the day to help air out my soaking feet. I love my Crocs so much, that I was in shock when it became apparent to me that people don't feel the same. Here are nine reasons why you should just throw out all of your other shoes and settle on Crocs.

1. They are waterproof.

These bad boys can take on the wettest of water. Nobody is sure what they are made of, though. The debate is still out there on foam vs. rubber. You can wear these bad boys any place water may or may not be: to the lake for practice or to the club where all the thirsty boys are. But honestly who cares because they're buoyant and water proof. Raise the roof.

2. Your most reliable support system

There is a reason nurses and swimming instructors alike swear by Crocs. Comfort. Croc's clogs will make you feel like your are walking on a cloud of Laffy Taffy. They are wide enough that your toes are not squished, and the rubbery material forms perfectly around your foot. Added bonus: The holes let in a nice breeze while riding around on your Razor Scooter.

3. Insane durability

Have you ever been so angry you could throw a Croc 'cause same? Have you ever had a Croc bitten while wrestling a great white shark? Me too. Have you ever had your entire foot rolled like a fruit roll up but had your Crocs still intact? Also me. All I know is that Seal Team 6 may or may not have worn these shoes to find and kill Osama Bin Laden. Just sayin'.

4. Bling, bling, bling

Jibbitz, am I right?! These are basically they're own money in the industry of comfortable footwear. From Spongebob to Christmas to your favorite fossil, Jibbitz has it all. There's nothing more swag-tastic than pimped out crocs. Lady. Killer.

5. So many options

From the classic clog to fashionable sneakers, Crocs offer so many options that are just too good to pass up on. They have fur lined boots, wedges, sandals, loafers, Maryjane's, glow in the dark, Minion themed, and best of all, CAMO! Where did your feet go?!

6. Affordable

Crocs: $30

Feeling like a boss: Priceless

7. Two words: Adventure Straps

Because you know that when you move the strap from casual mode chillin' in the front to behind the heal, it's like using a shell on Mario Cart.

8. Crocs cares

Okay, but for real, Crocs is a great company because they have donated over 3 million pairs of crocs to people in need around the world. Move over Toms, the Croc is in the house.

9. Stylish AF

The boys will be coming for you like Steve Irwin.

Who cares what the haters say, right? Wear with pride, and go forth in style.