Poetry on Odyssey: Snowflakes

Poetry on Odyssey: Snowflakes

In light of the winter season beginning...

34
Poetry on Odyssey: Snowflakes
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/13/636487704329055096230406178_crystals.jpg

Feeling alone because of differences.

Differences because of feeling alone.

If a field had only one kind of flower,

what would it look like?

Boring.

Dull.

Uninteresting.

A vase is full of daisies, and roses,

and blossoms,

and it becomes a masterpiece.

Embrace differences.

A flower may be the only one there is,

but no two were made the same,

because in the end,

the world is more beautiful

than if everything were the same.

pexels.com

Tinder, JDate, Plenty of Fish, OKCupid, Chemistry.com, Match, Zoosk — just a few of the names of big companies that promise to get you a date/potential partner. I’m not going to sit here and pretend like I haven’t tried all of these options, because I have. I haven’t been on a date in over a year and I haven’t actually dated anyone in almost two and a half years. Now, I won’t lie, I’m not the prettiest color in the box, but aside from that, I do have plenty to offer. I have a brain that I use on the daily, I’m pretty freaking smart and I’ve been told that I’m funny in the form of my total sarcasm. But alas, this isn’t a personals ad hoping that someone out there will see this and start sending me emails (but hey, if that happens, that’s OK too).