Poetry on Odyssey: If I Leave

Poetry on Odyssey: If I Leave

A poem about leaving a small town and simultaneously leaving behind everything that grew to be and feel normal and comforting.

64
Unsplash / Matt Howard
https://unsplash.com/photos/A4iL43vunlY

If I ever leave this small, old town,

And find that I never come down,

Will I miss the greenery,

The rolling hills, the scenery,

Will the concrete and glass be too loud?

If I arrive to New York in June,

And London or Paris at noon,

Will I yearn for my car,

For long drives under stars,

The leather seat like a cocoon?

But if I leave home today,

Will I say all I've wanted to say?

Or will I just cry,

Find I can't say goodbye

To a childhood now ages away?

For I know I will not want to leave

If I can't bring myself to believe

That my childhood, my car,

The green, all the stars

Are things that are normal to grieve.

So, if I go and never come down

From a city that may be too loud,

I'll drive my car to the wood

Where I ran in childhood,

And wait to leave 'til the leaves turn brown.

What Your Car's Color Says About Your Personality

Your color choice speaks volumes. It doesn't just emit an image for the car, it also says something about your style and personality! It's a form of self-expression. Are you confident? Are you sophisticated? Are you easy-going? Are you outgoing? Are you practical? As you're reviewing car sites for your next car purchase, what color will you opt for? Find out what certain color choices says about you!

114823

When it comes to car shopping you likely have certain preferences, including what color it should be. Your color choice speaks volumes. It doesn't just emit an image for the car, it also says something about your style and personality! It's a form of self-expression. Are you confident? Are you sophisticated? Are you easy-going? Are you outgoing? Are you practical? As you're reviewing car sites for your next car purchase, what color will you opt for? Find out what certain color choices says about you!