Poetry on Odyssey: Hidden Issues

Poetry on Odyssey: Hidden Issues

Now, I truly understand the saying when they say friends can break your heart too.

41
Poetry on Odyssey: Hidden Issues
Via Unsplash

I do this thing of not letting anyone get close to me. Maybe it’s the fear that eventually you will walk out my life with a piece of me. A piece of myself that I no longer have to offer.

I'm tired of giving more than I actually receive. It’s the main cause of resentment towards others.

All my insecurities will go along with you while you talk with someone else. While you laugh with someone else. While you stay up late talking about anything and everything. The same things we used to do together.

If my name ever comes up in conversation, make sure when you do mention me, you tell them how you killed my soul. There are always two sides to every story.

I'm a strong believer in the thought that everyone that comes into your life for a reason whether it’s for a blessing or a lesson.

They say that time heals all wounds but I don’t think that it’s true. My heart beats as if it’s bleeding. It still hurts when I think about you. Now, I truly understand the saying when they say friends can break your heart too.

It’s always the ones who are closest to you, that seems to let you down. Maybe it’s the fact that you held them higher standard than everyone else.