Thank you for your therapeutic nature.
For the countless hours you helped me when I was down and blue.
Allowing my feelings to escape that were all a mixture.
With tears in my eyes or a faint smile on my lips,
You gave me the release I needed.
I sailed away as if on a ship,
To the land of the unknown where I silently pleaded.
Words of wisdom, hurt, excitement and fear.
All written down in hopes of reaching others so dear.
Never once were you taken for granted,
Even when you won me treasures from competitions.
You were only loved with the seed you planted.
A seed so deeply rooted that it fulfilled its mission.
A mission to inspire and uplift,
A girl's soul that was slowly fading.
Thank you for saving me from that depressing cliff.
That could have ended me from all of its breakings.
- What Is Gurlesque Poetry? ›
- What Does Poetry Mean To You? ›
- Why Poetry Is So Important ›
- Why Humanity Needs Poetry--According To "Dead Poets Society" ›
- Five Benefits of Poetry ›
- Which Month? National Poetry Month ›
- Celebrating National Poetry Month With 30 Great Poems ›
- National Poetry Month: My Journey Through Poetry ›
- 16 Poem Books You Need To Read To Celebrate National Poetry ... ›
- 10 Poems To Celebrate National Poetry Month ›
- 10 Ways To Celebrate #NationalPoetryMonth ›
- 21 Awesome Literary Tattoos That Celebrate National Poetry Month ›
- Poetry On Odyssey: One Girl's Homage To National Poetry Month ›
- 9 Contemporary Poets You Should Know For National Poetry Month ›
- 30 Challenging Writing Prompts For National Poetry Month ›