can Plus-Size Women Wear Bikinis

I'm A Plus-Size Woman But I Will Most Definitely Be Wearing A Bikini This Summer

To all the haters and body shamers who have something ignorant to say about how plus-size women shouldn't wear two-piece swimsuits, please stay in your lane.

237
plus sized woman bikini body
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU7Uugkl6JK/?taken-by=loeybug

I have love handles. I have rolls. I have cellulite. I have stretch marks. My thighs touch. My arms jiggle. My belly shakes. My chin doubles when I look down. I'm #thicc. I'm big-boned. I'm curvy. I'm plus-size.

Yet, despite all of this, you better believe you'll still find me in a two-piece swimsuit this summer.

I've been plus-size my entire life, and I don't think I've ever worn a single digit size in clothing. Because of this, I've always worn one-piece swimsuits, until about three years ago when I decided to take the plunge and buy a two-piece, high-waisted swimsuit. At first, I was uncomfortable, and I felt like everyone was judging me, until I saw women around me, who were bigger than I was, confidently flaunting their two-pieces. Seeing their confidence inspired me to find that same confidence in myself, and since then, for the most part, I've been wearing only two-piece swimsuits.

Something about wearing a two-piece swimsuit as a plus-size woman is empowering. It's empowering to know that despite all of my imperfections and flaws, I can still rock a two-piece. Not only are they empowering, but they're a lot more convenient than one-piece swimsuits. They're easier to put on and take off for bathroom breaks. They don't leave your belly a completely different shade than the rest of you after a day of tanning. Plus, you can mix and match them with other two-pieces, so you get double the bathing suits! Honestly, two-piece swimsuits are kind of the best.

It's 2018 and the average woman wears a size 16, so why are we as a society still trying to dictate what plus-size women should and shouldn't wear? So, to all of the plus-size queens out there, don't be afraid to wear whatever the hell you want.

Want to wear a two-piece? Wear it.

Want to wear shorts? Wear them.

Want to wear a crop top? WEAR IT!

You are all beautiful and unique, so please do not feel the need to cover up just because some loser on social media or society says you're too big to wear something. To the plus-size kings, if you want to take your shirt off while you're at the beach or pool, then do it! Who cares what anyone else has to say? Women and men of all shapes and sizes can wear whatever it is they feel comfortable in.

Now, I know there will be haters and body shamers who have something ignorant to say about how plus-size women shouldn't wear two-piece swimsuits, so to all of you, "please stay in your lane." If plus-size women shouldn't wear two-pieces, then why on earth would they come in sizes 12 and up? If plus-size women shouldn't wear two-pieces, then why the hell is plus-size model Ashley Graham posing on the cover of "Sports Illustrated" in a bikini? If plus-size women shouldn't wear two-pieces, then why am I, a plus-size woman, wearing a two-piece every time I go out to the pool? If I or any other plus-size woman in a two-piece offends, disgusts, or repulses you, then please keep your mouth shut and look the other way because I promise you, we don't care.

So the next time you're at the beach, water park, or pool and think about judging someone for wearing a two-piece, take a step back, sit down, and shut-up. It doesn't matter who you are, what you look like, or what size you wear, no one has the right to judge anyone else for what they're wearing.