Please, Stop the Hate

Please, Stop the Hate

We all matter, and we should treat each other like we do.

3
Please, Stop the Hate
Conscious Bridge

We have so many tragedies occurring in our world today. Bombings, shootings, terrorist attacks -- and this leads to countless lives being lost. It's painful to see how many individuals are being affected by these events that are happening right in front of us. We are witnessing history, and it's not in a good way. The pure hatred we are seeing from not only groups such as ISIS, but also from people in our own country is nothing to be proud of. We have a man who wants to lead our country, who thinks that building a wall and kicking out immigrants will solve our problems. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that's how our country or our world works these days. We have to be able to cooperate with each other, to be able to come together and make a difference, and shutting others out is not the way to go about it.

We have movements against the hate crimes that are occurring: #BlackLivesMatter, #BlueLivesMatter, #AllLivesMatter, issues relating to transgender individuals, gay marriage, racism and so much more. I think it's sad that these even exist, because we shouldn't even be lashing out against certain groups. Honestly, do they even bother us so much that we need to start hate crimes over it? Just because somebody loves someone of the same gender, has a different skin color, or feels a different way about their gender doesn't mean that they are out to hate on straight white people (because they're not). They want to go about their lives normally like everybody else, but it's especially difficult for them, because they are afraid of the hate they might encounter. Nobody chooses their skin color, and if you think that if somebody could choose to be gay, then would they subject themselves to the bullying and hate that comes with it? Probably not. This is why these hate crimes are completely unreasonable, yet they are still happening nearly every day. It's because we can't stay out of other people's business and mind our own.

I know everybody is sick of seeing another shooting pop up on the news, or seeing a terror threat article on social media. Arguing back and forth over who is right and who is wrong is never going to help the cause either. I don't understand why we can't just cut out the hatred, and start to embrace each other with open minds and open hearts. We seem to be stuck in a certain way of thinking, and we need to break free of it. If we do, then maybe something will change for the better. Are we going to keep tweeting about how angry we are that nothing is changing, or are we actually going to try and support each other in fighting for equality? It's so much more ideal to love one another, and I know that right now that view isn't so realistic, but maybe one day it will be. I'm hopeful for this day. We all matter, and we should treat each other like we do.