A Playlist To Get You Through The Week

A Playlist To Get You Through The Week

Treat your ears to this

30
A Playlist To Get You Through The Week
topdesignmag.com

Everyone has those weeks, you know the ones. The ones where nothing seems to be going right, and no matter how many times you wake up determined to make this day better, it still ends up terrible.

Myself, for example, locked my keys in my car this week. And since I can't do anything half-assed, I locked my keys in my car while the keys were still in the ignition. Let me tell you why this is particularly sad and concerning. My car, since it's a 1996 model, doesn't have one of those fancy rich-kid fob remotes. To lock my car you have to manually press a button on the side of the driver's door. This makes my story more embarrassing because I literally forgot my car was running and locked the door. I got out of my car seat, without taking the key out of the ignition, and locked my door. As soon as I realized what I had done, I needed to take a moment for myself. I quickly checked my vitals, just to make sure that I did actually still have a brain.

That's not even the worst part. I had to call the tow truck driver and explain to him what happened. Once I did, he sighed for about thirty seconds and told me he'd be there as fast as he could, which was an hour and a half later. When he finally came and saw that I was a panicky college girl, he seemed more understanding. As I was signing the receipt he added, "You know it's funny, I've never seen anyone do this before." and chuckled and drove away.

As I was waiting for the tow truck to save me from my embarrassment, I had ample time to explore my vast and diverse iTunes library. And as I shuffled through the decades of music, I realized that the songs made me feel much better. In fact the songs made my shitty week, not so shitty. So here's a list of songs, in no particular order, to help you get through your week. Whether you embarrassed yourself beyond belief or completely failed a test, this playlist is for you.

1. "Rich Girl" By: Hall and Oates

I don't care who you are, where you're from, or what's going on in your life there's nothing Daryl Hall and John Oates can't fix. "Rich Girl" is an ultimate jam but please feel free to to explore their entire Greatest Hits album.

2. "Ignition (Remix)" By: R. Kelly

I know you folks have heard this song at almost every party you go to, but listen to this during the day and it'll change your whole perspective. Suddenly you're not sad, you're ready to be on a boat two-stepping with R. Kelly.

3."Werkin' Girls" By: Angel Haze

Listen to this song and tell me you don't want to take over the world or at least take over whatever you have to do. Disclaimer: there's about 400 cuss words in this song.

4."Tide is High (Get the Feeling)" By: Atomic Kitten

This was in the opening credits for the Lizzie McGuire movie. And even you hipster music snobs know the words to this song, don't lie to yourself.

5. "No Surrender" By: Bruce Springsteen

"We learned more from a three minute record, baby than we ever learned in school." You can literally never go wrong with The Boss.

6. "Coeur D'Alene" By: The Head and The Heart

The Head and The Heart is classic feel good music. This song will make you want to stop whatever you're doing and drive down a back road with all the windows down.

7. "I Want You Back" By: Jackson 5

I don't think this needs an explanation, honestly. You're not human if you don't dance along to this.

8. "Sexual Healing" By: Various Artists (Chef Soundtrack)

If you haven't seen Chef, I highly recommend it (it's on Netflix). The movie is full of beautiful shots of delicious food and great music like this. Get out your salsa shoes.

9. "Brand New Start" By: Little Joy

I challenge you to be mad while listening to this. With the happy background vocals and tambourines, there's nothing but sunshine.

10. "Pagan and a Borrowed Car" By: Iron and Wine

Don't forget about Iron and Wine and don't forget about this stomp-your-feet song.

11. "Punchin' Bag" By: Cage the Elephant

Ultimate screw you song. You should be wearing a leather jacked and smoking a cigarette while listening to this.

12. "Slow Jamz" By: Kanye West Feat. Twista & Jamie Foxx

You didn't know you needed to hear this song until it starts playing. An absolute classic from "The College Dropout."

13. "Don't Say Oh Well" By: Grouplove

Probably any song from Grouplove could be on this list. Caution this will make you want to stop what you're doing and join a 10 person band.

14. "Change Your Mind" By: The Killers

A B-side track from "Hot Fuss" and one of the best.

15. "New York Groove" By: Kiss

BACK IN THE NEW YORK GROOVE.

Listen to this and I promise locking your keys in a running car will be less embarrassing.

Listen to it here!