Having A Planner Changed My Life

Having A Planner Changed My Life

When your life is chaos, at least make it organized chaos.

36

I don't know about y'all, but I am a busy little bee almost all the time. I have lots of meetings, homework assignments, exams to take, people to see, and work. I struggled super hard when I didn't have something to help organize my time in a way that is constructive for a long time. In high school, I never used a physical planner, and I started using one once I started college and my life was forever changed.

I bought a plum paper planner last summer, and Y'all. It is amazing, it was completely customizable and they also do monthly STICKER SUBSCRIPTIONS. I am HYPE about it because I am very pro-sticker for my planners. That's beside the point though, I basically have my entire life color-coded in my little 5 by 7 planner. I list out my class and work times, I list out my homework assignments in each class' respected color, I list out my meetings, put down when I go to church, and I also make sure to make my planner look fun with.... you guessed it! Stickers.

It helps me feel like my life is somehow put together in all its crazy glory. I try to keep organized because not having that sense of organization throws my life into complete and actual chaos. It took a while to figure out if I prefer hourly planners vs. a planner with lines that are up to me to fill out. I found that I didn't like hourly planners because my handwriting is large, and I prefer to have the space to write everything down on a single line as opposed to like... 5. I also found out that I liked adding stickers in because it makes my planner look more fun and less plain. This obviously isn't going to be how it is for everyone, but these are things that I have used that help me stay organized in this crazy thing called life. I constantly forget things so it's so nice having my planner and being able to see what I have to do and what I have to do to get those things done and out of the way.