Planned Parenthood Will Save Your Life

You may think that statement is incredulous but it is true. You've been recently diagnosed with an STD or maybe you're pregnant; maybe you think you might have cancer so you go to your doctor or the hospital. But what's this? They don't accept your insurance? Your insurance will only cover ten percent of what the cost will be? You might not be able to afford the costs, so do you try and get care somewhere else or try or fix it on your own?

No. Because out of the darkness comes a care facility that won't turn you down because of insurance or socioeconomic status. This is Planned Parenthood and they want to help you.

If you're anyone who has had a negative opinion about Planned Parenthood, I want you to step back and ask yourself why? Why do I have these feelings and where did they stem from? One of the most important questions to ask yourself is, do you have all the facts to be projecting your opinion(s) onto others? In many cases, most people do not have all the facts before they make their opinion and that is quite alright, but choosing not to develop your opinion as you acquire more facts should leave you out of the conversation. So many people who hate Planned Parenthood, only use the argument that they perform abortions. Hospitals can perform abortions. Most OB-GYN's do not though because they sometimes lack more advanced training to perform second and third-trimester abortions. I do not want to even get started on the whole pro-choice v. pro-life debate because I have strong opinions about that. Besides, less than three percent of all the services that Planned Parenthood provides for people are abortions. LESS THAN 3%.

Planned Parenthood Civic Engagement www.youtube.com

Since abortions only account for less than three percent of what Planned Parenthood does, what else do they do? Most people cannot answer this question and if they do, usual answers include birth control and condoms. Only sexual health. What Planned Parenthood was established to do was to help men and women in their sexual health, but it does not strictly revolve around condoms, birth control, and abortions anymore. Planned Parenthood also does not encourage women to have an abortion. If a woman needs prenatal care and birthing care, Planned Parenthood is there to help every step of the way. Planned Parenthood exists to help people in low-income areas to receive healthcare, specifically sexual health.

So when you say that you want baby murders to die, make sure they're not just trying to get STD treatment or a cancer screening. When you say that you want to defund Planned Parenthood, make sure that you want to get rid of everything that Planned Parenthood does for people and not overgeneralizing because you want abortions to stop. There may come a time in your life where you need no cost healthcare to save your life, the life of your daughter or son, maybe even your baby's life.

But you decided to help get Planned Parenthood closed down. Now what?