Where To Study At Virginia Tech If You Hate Libraries
Campuses

7 Productive Places To Study At Virginia Tech That AREN'T The Library

From Deets to Hancock.

621

Sometimes the library just won't do. Luckily, you have options:

1. Johnson Student Center

Johnson Student Center is great if you love smelling Subway all day long. It is great. There is a super comfy seating area on the second and first floor and if you ever need help with life just go to the Student Center and they can help you out!

2. New Classroom Building

NCB is the studying hub. There is seating everywhere, always access to an outlet and if you have a parking pass on Perry street it is super close to your car. The downsides though is that it's not close to much of anything else, for food you have to walk to Turner and if you take the bus it's also a pretty far walk. But if you want to get in some steps for the day this is the place for you.

3. Deets/DX backroom

There is a lot of seating options on the side areas of Deets and DX, not many people seem to go here and it's a pretty chill and trendy place. You can get your coffee fix, find a seat by an outlet, plug in and have a nice view out the window. Very relaxing.

4. McComass Hall

This one sounds a little odd but before a workout, if you have an assignment to do, this will be the perfect place to do it. They have tables leading up to the check-in desk and every time I have gone I have always been able to get a seat. Also, there are plugs next to the tables in case you need a charge up as well.

5. West End: Sun room

The perfect place to go when you want to grab a bite and you have some work to catch up on. The sunroom right next to the pasta and salad station is great and cheers you up since there's some great natural light. Keep in mind though that dinner rush is incredibly hectic so check it out during the off times which is basically anytime before 4.

6. Squires Student Center

Squires is another place where you can grab a bite and study at the same time. They have some great food options and three levels of seating options. When its raining try to grab a seat in the sunroom and look up it will feel like you're under a waterfall.

7. Hancock Hall

My all-time favorite place to study. Hancock is a nice calm and quiet environment to study or even take a snooze every now and then. It is one of the main engineering buildings and has some super comfy couches downstairs. There is also a cool rotunda area that not many people know about and it great if you want to be secluded.