13 Things You Can Do To Stay Physically And Mentally Healthy In College

Healthy living is not just having a diet and working out...mental health is important to

386
Original Photo

Going to college is a completely new thing for many of us. Living on your own away from your parents, making your own decisions, making your own food, etc. Staying healthy is probably the last thing you want to worry about in college, but being healthy in college is very important for your mental state as well as physical state. If you are going to be a college freshman or if you're in college already and want to change your ways, these small things can help you stay healthy.

1. Walk to class

If walking to class is your go to, then good for you. Many people do not want to walk all the way across campus to their class because this causes them to leave earlier than they normally do. The best thing for your body is to walk and get some exercise in for your body's mental and physical state.

Walking is great for you physically, that's a given. But walking can also be good for your mental state. Walking can help you think about life or other things you can't think about when you're super busy.

2. Go to sleep when you're tired

When you're a college student, the last thing you have in mind is sleep. There are always things to do whether its homework, a school event, a party, eating or hanging out with friends. The best thing for your body is to go to sleep when you're tired.

3. Have a social life

Having a social life is very important especially to have fun in college. Having a healthy social life is very important. Friends are there to have fun with you as well as to encourage you to be the best you can be.

4. Eat meals and little snacks

Eating a lot of snacks causes you to end up eating more. If you eat healthier meals then you won't end up eating snacks which leads to eating more. Just limit your snack intake!

5. Don't hold grudges

Holding grudges is not cool first of all. Holding grudges is not good for you emotionally. Just forgive whoever did something to you and move on. You're wasting your time on things that are way more fun!

6. Drink alcohol in moderation

Drinking alcohol is not good for your body if you drink all the time. If you're going to drink, just have a little and don't drink every weekend.

7. Drink a ton of water

Drinking water is so good for you. Water is the best thing for your body. Water hydrates your skin, helps your brain and helps your body release toxins. Carry a water bottle around with you while going to class. Try and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Your body will love you.

8. Go to the gym

Going to the gym is a confidence booster. Not only is working out good for you physically, it is also just as good mentally. Working out can help you when your feeling stressed about the huge amount of school work you have to do.

9. Ask for help when you need it

Asking for help is not a sign of failure. Asking for help is a sign of your willingness to learn. Getting help with homework is good and will help you learn more.

10. Set goals

Setting goals are very good for you mentally. Having goals set for yourself will keep you on track and have positive effects on your everyday life.

11. Eat fruit with every meal

Eating at least one fruit with every meal is a great way of getting some nutrients and fiber. Fruit is also just amazing so just eat fruit whenever you can!

12. Give yourself breaks when you're doing homework

Giving yourself a break helps you study harder and focus more. When your doing homework or studying, take a break every 30-40 minutes so you can refocus and can learn more. Having breaks in anything will help you finish stronger.

13. Go somewhere where you can focus when doing homework

Going somewhere that you can focus is a huge help while trying to do homework or studying. Being in a place where you can focus to the max will help you finish your homework and will boost your mental state since you hopefully got a lot done in the library.