To My Girls At Phi Mu, Thank You

To My Girls At Phi Mu, Thank You

The ladies of Kappa Mu have impacted me in ways I never imagined.

1221
To My Girls At Phi Mu, Thank You
Bethany-Grace Bowers

It may seem a little basic to be writing this article but honestly, I can't help it. Leading up to my college years I knew that I would want to join a sorority once I got to college. Not for the stereotype of what it was, but for everything that I knew the girls within the chapter stood for. A bunch of people have their own opinion about what "Greek life" is, but I can tell you that even though I was always open-minded before, it has helped me grow more than I could ever imagine.

Today, March 4, is Phi Mu's Founders Day. In a few hours, we will all get together and celebrate the love that our chapter has shared, and the women that have made our organization what it is over the past 166 years.

It is something that you will see all of us say, but it is true. The ideals of what a Phi Mu woman truly embodies and the girls of the Kappa Mu Chapter here at Georgia Southern have made an impact on my life. We are certainly not all the same, but we have been through the good and the bad and lifted each other up through it all. There is one thing that I have learned from my short time in Phi Mu, and that is to keep those close to you accountable. If we are not there for each other and constructively helping each other, and just criticizing, then we end at a dead end road.

Phi Mu has humbled me and showed me grace. I have learned lessons and been shown an immense amount of love through every pitfall. And even though we aren't always on each others' good sides, I know the true bond that we share is thicker than anything that could try to come between us.

I have never witnessed a group of girls that truly want to be world-changers until I walked through the doors of Phi Mu. They were miles above the stereotype that everyone else has in their minds for a typical "sorority girl". The capabilities of the girls within our chapter of Kappa Mu are like nothing you have ever seen, I promise. Ya'll will see one day when they have literally made history.

The standard that the girls of Phi Mu hold their selves to is above the rest and I am so proud to call it my home.

Thank you, Phi Mu, Kappa Mu, for being the most open-minded, whole-hearted, loving, and welcoming group of life-changing young women I have ever had the chance to meet. You mean more to me than you know and I will never be able to tell you that enough.