Ignorance Is Not Bliss When It Comes To Identities

13
The LGBTQ+ Flag

Have you seen people use specific sexual words to get people out of their faces? People say they're lesbian when they are more bisexual but no one judges their decisions. Copious number of people have showed their true selves to family members, close friends, friendly teachers or professors, and counselors. Being bisexual is not a phase, and it shouldn’t be labeled as one. People shouldn’t label bisexuality as something that will just pass you by.

Girls that have been labeled as a girl that “doesn’t know what she want in a mate so that makes her a harlot”. Guys that are called “faggots or gay”, yes they’re gay but that doesn’t mean you have the right to use that word as an insult to them. The definition of a “faggot” means a bundle of sticks so using that antithetical term as an insult creating a paradox within the insult. No one has the right to belittle anyone with saying “It’s a phase. You will figure out if you are either straight, gay or lesbian.”

People that call themselves bisexual are usually told that they are “greedy” or “selfish”, which makes no sense how does that make someone greedy or selfish just because they like both male and female. Ignorant people think that bisexual people are going to take their “girls or guys” but all they’re truly doing is looking for someone to accept them and love them as they are. Thomas Gray’s "Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College", “No more; where ignorance is bliss,/’Tis folly to be wise.” Gray is stating that being ignorant isn’t bliss that you should get yourself educated about specific ideas and having open minds about people and their sexualities.

Bisexual males and females are the invisible gender, people think that we cannot make up our minds so we don’t deserve to be taken serious. Bisexual people may have a different varities for dating people but it doesn’t mean we get to be treated like we have to choose if we are lesbian, gay or straight. All of the state may be okay with LGBTQ, but specific ignorant people aren’t okay with the idea of a “gay guy” living next door or a “lesbian kissing her girlfriend”. What is wrong with the way we see each other? We are all equal. We have the same internal body parts, even if you have solid gold internal body parts that doesn’t mean you get to make cruel remarks to someone that has the same goal as you.

When you see someone that is getting called a “tramp” or a “fag”, stand up for that person because they’re the ones getting bullied for love either the same sex or both genders and they could always use a friend to help them conquer the fear of being rejected even more. No one deserves that feeling of being rejected. Help someone, anyone. Just help them smile, because they’re going through harsh times and no one is willing to make the first move to help them move past the harsh times.