My Thoughts on the 2016 Presidential Election

Our nation has fallen quite significantly in recent years, and it will take a lot of work to bring it back.

6

A topic that has been on my mind quite often lately is the recent presidential election. It has been a fascinating election, and it is unlike any other election that the U.S. has witnessed in recent times. The entire last two years have been filled with talk of the presidential candidates of both major parties, (Republican and Democratic), as well as the lesser-known third-parties. Donald Trump has probably remained the biggest topic of discussion because his credentials are far from any of the other candidates'. He's a businessman, not a politician, which goes against the norm when considering presidential candidates. Many Americans, including myself, found this quality appealing. I personally found it to be a major plus because I believe having a lot of business experience can help a president understand a nation's economy more clearly, and help him regulate a nation's financial issues.

On the flip side, something positive about Donald Trump not being a politician, is that he is more than likely going to be more honest with the people of the U.S. It is clear from his campaign that he had no intention of winning the hearts of the voters through political correctness. He seemed to be very blunt and straightforward in his speech, which I personally found a nice, unique way of approaching the voters. It seems to me that the U.S. leaders have been beating around the bush in regards to very important issues. I don't agree with everything that Donald Trump has said, but I have agreed with a vast majority of it, and I believe that he understands the hearts of the American people. I believe the fact that he's not a politician causes him to rely more on his personal experiences as an American. I agree with the policies that he proposed during the election, and I hope that he sticks to them as closely as possible. They may not seem attractive to a lot of other people who are used to our nation's current way of doing things. However, I believe they will be quite beneficial to the United States as a whole in the long run. For instance, one of Donald's claims is that he will strengthen our borders by building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. Some people may take this as a method of division between two nations. This isn't a method of dividing two people, but rather a way of regulating who comes into the U.S. When people come into the U.S. illegally, we have no idea who they are. They could be members of a terrorist organization, or illegal drug dealers. However, with the wall implemented, it would be easier to see who all is coming into our country. Donald Trump has also stated numerous times that he plans on making it easier for the people of Mexico to get into the United States legally.

Donald Trump, and the American people don't have a problem with people coming into the U.S. legally. That's one thing that is very misunderstood, and I hope the confusion will be cleared up soon. I'm very excited about Donald Trump winning the presidency, and that's due to a combination of two main reasons. One, is that I believe Donald Trump will be the best president our nation has seen since Ronald Reagan. The second reason, is that I personally believe Hillary is one of the most corrupt politicians the U.S. has ever seen. I've done hours upon hours of factual research on her and her past, from reliable sources. I believe the fact that she did not win the presidency, despite the odds being in her favor, is a clear sign of God's mercy on the United States.

I am not saying that Donald Trump is perfect, or that he will be a perfect president. I expect him to make mistakes. However, I believe he has the potential to be one of the best leaders that this nation has ever seen, and he may be able to help restore the United States. However, Donald Trump and our nation both need a lot of prayers. Our nation has fallen quite significantly in recent years, and it will take a lot of work to bring it back.