4 Personal Goals For The New Year

4 Personal Goals For The New Year

New Year, New Me!

119
4 Personal Goals For The New Year

Happy New Year everybody! I have been long awaiting 2018 since 2017 was a hectic year for me. I finished my first year of college and started my second, joined my crazy fun rugby family, had good laughs and hard cries, and have been working toward my journalism dream. With that being said, I have a set of goals, not resolutions, for 2018 that I'm excited to work for and accomplish. Hopefully, my own goals can spark a motivation in you and make for a happy, successful year!

1. Read more for pleasure

As a journalism student, I am always reading the news and countless articles, which I do enjoy! However, I think it is important to venture novels, biographies, cookbooks, etc., that you can read when you want to get away and feel calm and happy. I always feel like I never have time, especially with my busy college schedule, but over winter break I have begun to read books I am actually excited to read. My goal for 2018 is to read more books I actually want to read and enjoy!

2. Live a healthy lifestyle

This goal is very important to me. I have been on a weight loss journey for almost two years now and it has been fluctuating. I lose weight, gain it back, lose and it's a cycle. College is surrounded by unhealthy food and eating habits. Thankfully, rugby helps me keep in shape when it comes to exercise, but eating is 80 percent of weight loss. I want to completely change my eating habits for life, not just a two-week 'diet.' That will be key to achieving my weight loss goals.

3. Appreciate nature more

We live on this beautiful Earth full of lakes, ocean, trees, forests ...the list goes on. Going to school in Albany, I am surrounded by beautiful nature. I want to make a goal to go on more walks, hikes and really soak up the breathtaking nature I am blessed to see every day.

4. Focus on ME

I saved the best goal for last. Sometimes I feel like I live my life to please everyone around me. I say yes all the time and do things I think would make others so happy. Not everyone does the same for me, and it makes me feel like I'm taken advantage of. In 2018, I want every move and decision I make to be made because I thought about myself and my own well-being and happiness. I don't need to do things for other people to make them happy, just being myself should make people content. If others aren't happy with that, they will simply not have a space for me in their life and I will not tolerate it. I want 2018 to be about rebuilding myself and accomplishing my goals. I think this goal is important for everybody because it is vital for our physical and mental health. In the end, it is me, myself and I

Happy New Year!