benefits of having a sister

5 Perks Of having An Older Sister That Every Younger Sister Knows To Be True

Older sisters rock and younger sisters definitely benefit from their coolness.

270
Kinsey Roberts

The life of a little sister can be one that is a breeze or a life that is filled with many challenges. You are spoiled by your parents because you are the baby of the family, but your life may be filled with rules because of something your older sister has done. While not every moment of being the younger sister is perfect, these are the five perks of having an older sister that every little sister knows to be true.

1. You have at least two closets full of clothes.

You have your own clothes and your older sister has her own clothes; HOWEVER, your older sister thinks your clothes are cuter and you think your sister's clothes are cuter. You trade your shirt from Florida for her tank top and your red dress for her shorts. You never have to worry about not having an outfit for something because between the two closets and the different styles you both have, one of you will have the clothes to create a perfect outfit.

The only part that is bad about this is when you go to college 4.5 hours away and the tank top you want to wear to the party on Thursday is sitting in your older sister's closet at home; and, the same thing goes for when your older sister needs to borrow a sweater and a vest for a function and all your fall clothes is in your closet at school.

2. You get real advice from someone who has already experienced it.

Older sisters have been there and done all that life has to offer. She gives the best advice because she has done it and she will tell you the honest truth about what she has done. She will tell you what not to do, what you should do, and what not to tell your parents about. She will tell you not to wear that dress, to not have a water bottle in the front seat, and give you some advice that you don't really need to hear sometimes. Her advice is a lot better because she knows what she is talking about and usually has funny stories to go along with the advice.

3. You have a personal chauffeur!

She got her license years before you so she ended up driving you many places over the years. Since she has been driving longer, she usually doesn't like your driving and will always drive you when you come home. For years she drove you to practices and in-town all because she had her license first. Even though she may have gotten tired of driving you places, she never complained about it as she dropped you off at yet another practice.

4. Someone gets you.

Your older sister understands who you are and everything about you because she is from the same family as you. She understands why you love country music more than anything in the world. She understands why you are sarcastic and outspoken because she knows that you are exactly like your mom. She understands why you are overly competitive. She understands why you laugh at certain things because she was there for the joke. She understands you at a level that 99.9% of people don't.

5. She's you built in best friend.

No matter what you do, she is there for you no matter what. You could do or say anything to her and she will still be there for you. You may fight with her but at the end of the day, you both forget about what you are fighting about. She is literally your other half and understands everything about you. After all, she was your first best friend.

Older sisters are some of the best people out there and little sisters owe them a lot. Here's to the awesome older sisters that have been there for us every step of the way!