what is a mom friend
Friendships

Being The 'Mom Friend' Is High-Key Hard Work, But It's Also Low-Key The Best

There's nothing more gratifying than understanding how appreciative your friends are that you're around to help.

382

Let's face it, without her your entire group would fall apart. Normally associated with a negative connotation, the "mom friend" of your group is what holds you together, and probably gets you to where you need to be on time. Whether they're self-appointed or elected by the group, being the mom friend is actually the best, and these are the top five reasons why.

1. You will always have what you need

As an elected mom friend, I can personally say there's nothing more gratifying than when one of your friends need something and you have it. Whether it be Advil, water, tampons, food, or just some encouraging words you're always ready and willing to help.

2. You're respected by your peers

Being a mom friend comes with the reputation of essentially being a mom. Your reputation speaks for itself when people understand you're reliable.

3. Your friends feel more comfortable with you around

Yes, taking care of all your drunk friends at a party kind of sucks, but you're friends are grateful for it, even if they don't say it. When you're around your friends know that if something were to happen they could count on you to make sure they get home safe and don't do anything stupid. And there's nothing more gratifying than understanding how appreciative your friends are that you're around to help.

4. Your new responsibilities make you a better person

Getting people places on time, being responsible for your actions, juggling five activities at once, coordinating plans, and just all around being a superhero makes you a better employee but also just a better person in general. Your dependability allows you to perfect your people skills and therefore be able to stay calm in stressful situations.

5. You're able to help people when they need it

This may seem obvious, but its probably the most important reason and essentially why being the mom friend is the best. Helping others is the best feeling ever.

Sure, being the mom friend isn't always the most fun thing in the world, but you can let loose and have fun too! Being the mom friend doesn't mean you're boring, it just means you're dependable!