Peace Starts On The Plate

Peace Starts On The Plate

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -Mahatma Ghandi

35
Peace Starts On The Plate
Akşam Gunesi

Have you ever taken a moment to think of the importance of everything the world has to offer? Have you ever questioned what makes some species more important than others? Have you ever thought of why the world is the way it is?

The world is going through an internal war of human nature versus nature within itself. Nature is a blossoming, and nurturing essentially to which is not made to harm. Nature within itself cares about all beings and takes control of the food chain, and makes changes to better all creations. On the other hand, human nature is driven by individual's selfish ambition. Humanity has created an image of superiority over nature without understanding the connection between all things. Nature makes decisions based on balance, peace and thriving forces for all creations, while Human nature makes decisions based on money, power and falsely dignified importance.

This is seen in all media. Why is it that the Kardashians get more publicity than environmentalists? Why is it that there are advertisements everywhere telling people how they should look, what they should buy and ways to make more money rather than ways to help dex the world? Why is it that society believes they can live a life of peace when they are killing animals, plants and polluting the world? Why does society think that peace can be apprehended when they are driven by selfish intent?

Peace will not and cannot be accomplished without knowledge and selflessness. The media does not publicize the cruelties the world is facing because it will jeopardize finances. The meat industry is huge. It makes about $200 billion dollars every year (and that number is rising,) and the government won’t tell the people of society the correspondence of cancer, disease, and pollution of meat consumption, or the meat industry because money = power. The government is driven by power and money and would rather have society living in ignorance than advertising the actuality of the impacts harming people by the meat industry.

People fail to question why it’s okay to eat the pig that mud baths, rather than the cat that’s sleeping on their sofa or the horse that's galloping in their backyard. People have false images of the meat industry by imagining them living peaceful lives, grazing grass, but fail to question what the cow had to go through to end up being tiny pieces of meat sitting beautifully inside the taco shell they hold in their hand. Humanity is living in ignorance of actuality. They fail to realize that power and money will not amount to anything once it has no worth anymore. They fail to understand that we are alive by the grace of nature and the only way to live a life of peace is to understand the connection between nature and human nature. Humans need to understand that they are animals too. Humans are mammals to whom are very advanced, yet do not have their own world. We only have one world, and our one world does not have borders as much as we’d like to think so. Things that are happening in China, Mexico, Brazil and New York are affecting the entire world. The pollution emitted in those places does not stop at the boundaries encountering their own city, yet expand out to all areas in the world.

The world is going through an internal war that so many are living in ignorance from, however, it is not something that will be overlooked for long. People need to understand that Mother Nature is doing its best to keep us alive and well but if people don’t care about their own health, or the health of the world, she will not be able to help us for long. Human Nature and Mother Nature are connected. They are one entity. People need to stop worrying about how to get more power, and need to start thinking about how they can help the Earth. People need to start realizing peace isn’t something that can be accomplished through selfish ambition, however, requires selflessness and sacrifice. Peace requires caring about the what you eat. Peace requires caring about CO2 levels and pollution. Peace requires connection, understanding and love for all things in the spectrum of nature before selfish intent, and without that understanding humanity will continue creating an unobtainable life for their own selves.