Break From Reality

Break From Reality

Tomorrow is not promised at all and we need to take advantage of every minute we have.

6
Break From Reality
davaooriental.com

Recently, there has been so much going on not only in the world, but with ourselves. I know that, me personally, I have been under stress. Not too much stress, but I still feel it weighing me down. School, work, extracurricular activities, family, and maintaining my health (physically and mentally). And dealing with people every day. I am a huge believer in alone time. Sometimes it’s necessary to be alone to recharge our emotional battery. I spend my alone time sitting outside on a sunny, Autumn day. Most of the time I am accompanied by music. I absolutely love the subtle breezes and seeing the colorful leaves. It’s breathtaking. It brings life to the world. It gives you time to think about yourself. Who you are. Who you want to be. You don’t have to worry about anyone else for awhile. Alone time is so precious, but it has been taken for granted by many. Being alone is not issue. Feeling alone is what kills. I believe every person should have a sense of self. They must understand that they don’t always have to be accompanied by someone. I have learned how to handle most of my problems by myself. It’s so true when they say whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

But in cases of emergency, it is best to talk to someone when we are terribly upset. I don’t believe it’s healthy to bottle things. There will always be someone willing to listen. Never be afraid to ask for help. WE ARE ALL HUMAN. We all feel the same emotions. Anger, happiness, and fear. It’s hard to be helped when we don’t speak up. And I understand that people have trust issues. It’s real. People have taken advantaged of others and hurt them. While it is painful, it should never take control of a person's life. Whenever you feel as if they have lost control of your life, you can easily take it back. How? By letting the past go. It is the most peaceful thing you can do. Mindfulness. Even practicing it little by little, it makes life so much easier. And the longer you practice mindfulness, the longer you will be happier with the world and yourself. Problems will always come up, but it’s your perception of the situation that will determine whether you live a regretful life or wake up every day, grateful for being able to live another day.

My friend told me that a person lives, on average, 80 years. I have already lived 20. I have 60 years left to do what makes me happy. Helping others makes me happy. Being there for others when they need someone is what I believe to be my purpose. Traveling makes me happy. As of right now, I have only been to one country other than the United States. My dream is to go around the world and experience life in a different way. My family makes me happy. I want my family to be happy and healthy and I will do everything in my power to make that happen. But what makes you happy?

Tomorrow is not promised at all and we need to take advantage of every minute we have with those we love the most. When you feel lost or overwhelmed, take some time off. Listen to music, read, do whatever brings you peace. And BREATHE. You don’t own all the problems of the world.