Paul Colman's "The One Thing"

Paul Colman's "The One Thing"

A small journey of what a song can do.

62
Paul Colman's "The One Thing"
www.pexels.com

One thing in life that seems to be hard is life itself. As a Christian, I believe that certain things in my life have happened for a reason. My whole life, I have questioned so much, and sometimes it felt overwhelming not knowing the answers to any of my questions. For me, the unknown was very overwhelming for me to grasp onto.

As a Christian, when something would go wrong in my life, my initial first action was to ask God, "Why?" I thought it was OK to continue to ask God this ongoing question. I needed those answers for all the wrong that has happened in my life. Still, I am a baby Christian, I am continuing to learn new things about God every day.

One of the most important things I have learned is not to question everything so much, to understand that God has a specific plan for my life, and just let things flow the way they are supposed to. Asking so much questions didn't help me get answers, most of the time I didn't get an answer.

So a few months ago, I came across a song I hadn't listened to in years. It was one of those times were you hear a song, remember it by every lyric, but have no idea what it's called or what's the name. The song took me back to my childhood, hence the last time I had heard it. I YouTubed the lyrics, and it was right there. I clicked on the lyric video and began to uncover the meaning of the song.

The lyrics begin "Well, here I am in a river of questions. Can I pour my heart out to a listening ear?" It was exactly the song I needed to hear at the time, and now I guess you could say it's my anthem. As I was listening to the song, I realized how much questioning I do, and points at a key point of not having much faith behind my believing in God. This song just reminded me to have faith and trust God's plans for my life, no matter how they unfold, no matter if tragedy comes, no matter what comes, and I believe God has the best plan for me.

"The One Thing" speaks about God's love, "But the one thing I don't question is you, you really love me like you say you do." The lyrics are quite spot on with how I felt, I questioned everything, and to grasp on to the lyrics, I could identify with it. Although I am only human, I know I will still continue to question things, but one thing for sure that I can't do is question God. Life sometimes can be a hard road to go through, but sometimes, maybe it's best to hold off on the questions. Questions can make you worry more about the situation, and sometimes it's just better to have some faith.

Here's Paul Colman's "The One Thing." Enjoy it as much as I do.