Patience Is Key

Patience Is Key

Patience is more than a virtue. It's everything.

652
Patience Is Key
Unsplash

I have this theory that patience is the key to everything we do in life. Personally, I’ve had the opportunity and the burden, depending on how you want to look at it, of having to be patient for something for a time, and I’ve learned quite a few lessons from it that have taught me some strong life lessons.

1.Patience has taught me how to love and forgive others.

When any conflict arises and it becomes difficult to love someone, as Jesus wants us to love him or her, it’s such a strong reminder in the midst of the struggle, that the main virtue is having patience for the other person involved. They may not be quick to admit their wrong, or maybe they refuse to see their fault in the situation at all, but the Bible still instructs Christians to have grace and to forgive. It is merely a step in the right direction to choose to have patience first, but it is an important step.

2.Patience has taught me how to value God’s timing.

Waiting on the Lord is tough. When it seems like we should have answers, or those situations that we have strived in prayer to see redemption should have already be redeemed, God just continues to bear our hearts faithfully and in a way that encourages us to remain steadfast in His presence.

3. Patience has taught me how to rejoice in my salvation.

As the Scripture says, “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9 gives us a promise of the Lord’s patience with us that secures us to salvation. It is because the Lord’s patience that I have joy and freedom.

4. Patience has taught me of the Lord's faithfulness.

Again, and again, the Lord has proven to be faithful and remind me that there is no limit to His patience with me. He has been faithful to provide, faithful to see me through sin and temptation, and faithful to stay patient with me as I slowly learn how to become an “imitator of God” as the scripture says.

I am by no means an expert on patience and I still have plenty to learn concerning the subject, but I am thankful for these lessons that the Lord is still using in my personal life in order to connect patience to being more like Him. All of us deal with something that tests our patience in some way or another. A few weeks ago, I was talking to someone who had been praying for an individual that is addicted to and abusing drugs and longing for them to come out of it. Then not long after that conversation, I was challenged to unite with someone that had hurt me personally. Then again, not long after such events, I was faced with a situation that caused me to, once again, have to wait on God’s timing and trust the Lord’s will. All of theses situations go back to simply having patience. What a simple thought. May it bless you, and encourage you wherever you are at in life, and whatever you are facing!