Paradiso And The Power Of Mind

Paradiso Had a Powerful Power Of Mind Moment

Raving in the rain reminded me how the law of attraction is REAL.

84
Katy Lillegard

I've always believed in karmic retribution. The ol' classic "what goes around, comes around." If you pay close attention, you can see where it comes to play in your life. A lot of this is due to our minds. I'm sure of it. If you aren't aware of "the secret" or the idea of the law of attraction, I highly suggest looking into it. You don't have to be "spiritual" or "new age" to recognize it's play in your life.

Even if you see the law of attraction as prayer, it is still working.

Luckily, I was surrounded by like-minded people at Paradiso 2018. People who believe in the power of positive thinking.

Katy Lillegard

Picture this: we're raving in the Gorge Amphitheater to some sick beats. BROHUG is honestly just getting started. I'm still sitting but my arms are waving in the air. A man has just slid down the hill due to some moisture. Things are rowdy, but not near 100% yet.

Then over the speakers we hear, "Everyone there are lightning strikes near by. We're going to need to evacuate the area. We love you guys, but you have to move away from the equipment. This is for your safety." And, on cue, rain began to pour.

There are two kinds of people in this scenario:

Group one's weekend is completely ruined. Everything is now "bullshit."

Group two says, "This is the Pacific Northwest! It'll pass."

So two things happened. Most people from the first group evacuated the whole festival to return to camp. This lightened the energy. People from the second group, which I was a part of, evacuated the stage areas and huddled under big tents.

This is where my rave fam met Jeff the pineapple.

Katy Lillegard

We gave our offerings to Jeff (I gave him my kandi that said "plant powered"), and we raved in a circle around him. We called for the sun to come back. We whooped and hollered at the clear skies slowly crawling our way. We sang "Just A Friend" at the top of our lungs.

It was less than an hour of praying/attracting before they started letting people back through the gates. It was a huge ordeal. We yelled and made sure everybody knew that the party was back on.

It was almost like, "What do we do now?" but Pendulum came on to the Wreckage stage with the absolute best energy. He apologized for Gramatik, who had missed his set due to the weather delay, and played one of his songs in tribute.

Katy Lillegard

Then he told us, "A little rain won't get us down. Take a look at the sun."

Then he fucking killed it. It was magical. Like we had controlled the weather — and we did!