A Thank You Letter To My Grandma

A Thank You Letter To My Grandma

Everyone calls their Grandma different names, but I call mine Gaga

7937
A Thank You Letter To My Grandma
Meghan Reily

I look back on my life and wonder how I was blessed with not just an loving and uplifting Grandma, but a lifetime best friend. Throughout my life, she has given me unconditional love and has taught me many values that I will forever treasure. I could not be the person I am today if it weren't for my grandmother. If you are fortunate enough to have your grandmother in your life, make sure you remember to thank them for all that they have blessed you with. I can't thank my grandma enough for all that she is and is yet to be. My grandmother is one of the most important people in my life.

Dear Gaga,

Where do I begin? For starters, I want to thank you for always being so supportive of my decisions. No matter what it is, you are always there for me. This is something that is very special to me and that I hold close to my heart. You are someone that I can look up to whenever I am struggling or need a friend. So thank you for always being there for me.

Thank you for protecting me. You have taken me under your wing like I was your own child and have protected me from all evil. There have been many obstacles we have faced in the past, with our family, and I can't express how thankful I am that you have been so protective of me.

Thank you for being you. Your positive and hilarious attitude keeps me going every day. You always know how to cheer me up and make me laugh nonstop. I find that this is a unique quality to have because you don't care what others think, as long as it makes you happy. I find this as something that I want to pass on to my children and grandchildren. You have taught me to live life the way I want to and to not care what others think. So thank you for teaching me to be myself.

You have shown me the importance of family. I have learned that there are ups and downs in all families. What I find amazing is that you never focus on the negative and always think about the positive. You are someone that never gives up hope and always stays true to our family. I am so blessed to know that God has given me a grandmother who is always going to be there for any family member. Thank you for teaching me what it means to be a family.

Thank you for all that you have given me. You are the most generous and giving person I have ever known. Every time I come to your house, you always offer me so much food, which is every college students dream. Even whenever I am doing perfectly fine, you always go out of your way to help me out. I just want to thank you for always being so thoughtful and caring about how I am doing.

I want to thank you for being my best friend. You and I have this special connection that is beyond special. I always look forward to seeing you because it means that I get to create more memories with one of my favorite people. I know that whenever I am in need of a break from reality, I can drive over to your house and all my stress magically goes away. You are forever my best friend and I will always be here for you.

Thank you for all that you have taught me. You have taught me so many things in life, but for starters, thank you for teaching me things I need to know in order to survive everyday life. Thank you for teaching me how to put gas in my first car, thank you for teaching me to put my phone down whenever I am talking to someone, and thank you and my grandpa for showing me that if a boy doesn't open the door for you, he isn't the one. Without you, I would not know as much as I do today. So thank you for teaching me all that you have.

You have the best taste in music and I am so happy that you have introduced me to what talent truly is. Not only do we listen to your favorite music together, but you share with me the meanings behind many songs. Without you and the music you listen to, I would not be as familiar with Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, or Dean Martin, as I am today. So thank you a ton for sharing what you love to listen to with me.

Last, but not least, I want to thank you for loving me. Gaga, I can't express how much it means to me that I have you apart of my life. You truly are one of the greatest people I have ever known, and I am so happy that God blessed me with you. You have shown the love a grandmother has for her granddaughter, and that is so valuable. I know now the type of grandmother I aim to be. I can't wait to tell stories of how awesome, crazy, and loving you were to my grandchildren. Although it is almost impossible, I hope to be as great of a grandmother as you are to me. I love you Ms. Callabash... Wherever you are!

Love always,

Dolly