I'm Out Here Living My Best Life And I'm Not Sorry

I'm Out Here Living My Best Life And I'm Not Sorry About It

I'm at my happiest right now and I'm not apologizing for it.

135

Over the past few years, I've gotten heavily into music and discovered bands that I've become attached to.

I've traveled for them, cried because of them, laughed because of them and met so many beautiful people who I'm thankful to call my friends. We've made so many memories together. I remember the nights we spent going back and forth on Twitter planning out when we would meet in person and be so excited when the days finally arrived.

These bands have allowed me to step outside of my comfort zone and do things that I never thought I would do such as leave the state and go across the country and write about them on the Internet for the world to see.

When I was 17 just discovering a whole new world of music out there, I never thought I would see the day where I'd get to stand in front of my favorite band and tell them how much they mean to me.

I've gotten to meet quite a few of them now and it's a new experience every time. It feels like the first time all over again. My heart pounds, I can't stay still, I can't stop smiling. I'm truly at my happiest meeting these bands and being at the barricade singing my heart out to the songs on repeat on my Spotify playlist and I'm not sorry.

Everyone has that one thing that makes them so incredibly happy that they feel the need to talk about it every second of every day and mine just so happens to be music. We shouldn't have to apologize for talking about the thing we love so much, because I'm not.

Whether it be singing along to Spotify in my room or screaming my lungs out on the barricade at a concert, music brings me so much joy, love and happiness. It allows me to forget about everything for a little while and just focus on living in the moment.

When that moment ends, I'm sad for a little while, but then I look back at all the photos and videos from the day and think of how lucky I am to be out here doing this.

I understand that it can sometimes be annoying hearing someone talk about meeting their favorite band, especially if you've heard it so many times before, but keep in mind that these bands are what makes them so unapologetically happy.

I won't apologize for always wanting to talk about bands and I'm not sorry if I annoy any of my other friends by it. I found what I love so much in this world. I found a place where I belong and feel at home, and most importantly, I found a place where I can be who I am without judgment.

This is what I enjoy doing with my life. I'm out here living it in the best way possible and I don't care what anyone has to say about it because I have nothing to apologize for.