11 Controversial OTPs And Why Fangirls Love Them

11 OTPs That Make Every Fangirl Go OMG, Canon Or Not

Who really has only one true pairing?

4169
love word

Anyone who has had a conversation with me knows that I am a nerd. A huge one. My life revolves around books, television shows, and movies. I am obsessed with things like Harry Potter, Supernatural, and Marvel. My mind is constantly wandering to the characters in the stories and the challenges they overcame.

On sleepless nights I find myself contemplating the relationships that forged between the characters. Every nerd has One True Pairing's, otherwise known as OTP's. They are the characters that we feel should have gotten together or did get together and we wouldn't change it for the world. Here is a list of my OTP's and why I believe they belong together.

1. Harmiony AKA Harry Potter and Hermione Granger

Anybody who read the "Harry Potter" books was astounded when J.K. Rowling decided that Harry would end up with Ginny and Hermione would wed Ron. From book one all fans were rooting for Harry and Hermione to get together. The love they had for each other was evident. So when Rowling made the creative decision to go another way it seemed forced. I mean Ron constantly bullied and belittled Hermione, why would she love him? Especially when she always had Mr. Harry James Potter in her corner.

2. Captain Swan AKA Captain Hook and Emma Swan

From the moment that they introduced Captain Hook in "Once Upon A Time" the fans knew something special was coming. This ship brought us 58 episodes, four first meetings, 27 hugs, 30 hand holdings, 25 kisses, and 5 declarations of love all over the span of four years. I remember the wedding and how much I cried when they were finally Mr. and Mrs. Jones. They truly are each other's true love and their love story is a beautiful one.

3. Stucky AKA Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers

"I'm with ya 'til the end of the line." OK, let me just say wow. The love these two have for each other is so pure and I am sorry but ever since I stumbled upon a Stucky fan fiction I can't unsee it. These men are perfect for each other in every way. They are the only thing keeping each other a float in this world and you can't see one without the other. They always find each other. Steve and Bucky are relationship goals.

4. Clannibal AKA Clarice Starling and Hannibal Lecter

Now I know that those of you who have only seen the movies are cringing, but those of us who have read the books know the truth. Hannibal and Clarice actually get together. And sorry not sorry but now that I have seen it I can't help but love it. The books made it so that they are exactly what the other needs, which makes them perfect for each other.

5. Percabeth AKA Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase

Some may believe that the "Percy Jackson" series is for children, but I disagree. It speaks of prophecies, war, hell, love, and so much more. From the moment they met there was a connection. Percy and Annabeth went to hell and back together, literally. Their love is so pure and strong that it could withstand anything. They balance each other out and protect one another as much as possible. It is never safe to be a half-blood but those two have each other's back, no matter what.

6. Alice Cullen and Jasper Hale

Look at the way he looks at her. She is his everything. She is his light in the darkness that was his life. They balance each other out so well. They are mates and they are the epitome of the word. With his ability to feel and manipulate others emotions he needs someone who can drag him out of the hole he finds himself in. And who better than the energetic little pixie that is Alice Cullen?

7. Reylo AKA Kylo Ren and Rey

Now "Star Wars" fans have seen the beginning of what many are calling Reylo. We have watched the sparks start and kindle. "The Last Jedi" let us see even further into their bond and gave the shippers hope. We can only wait to see what is to come but it is guaranteed to be good.

8. Shamy AKA Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler

"The point is, we're a couple and I like you for who you are; quirks and all." If your heart doesn't melt when you read that I don't know what to say to you but you need help. Fans have watched the two grow both together and apart but we would be lying if we said that they weren't better off together. They complete each other in ways that you can't even imagine and their relationship is something that you must see.

9. The Joker and Harley Quinn

Now I know that in some places the relationship between the Joker and Harley is toxic and abusive. That being said the places where they are good to each other, such as "Suicide Squad", they are perfect. His crazy matches hers and they were made for each other. Because of the fact that they are villains (and crazy) their relationship is very different than others we see. But that doesn't mean that it is wrong. Their personalities are just so that one without the other is disastrous. Their love knows no bounds.

10. Klaroline AKA Caroline Forbes and Niklaus Mikaelson

Fans are still watching this love story unfold. It started in "The Vampire Diaries" and has continued on into "The Originals". We have been rooting for these two for years and can't wait to see how their relationship will finally turn out. The love between these two has withstood so many challenges but they always end up back together. Always and Forever.

11. Rapunzel and Eugene (Flynn Rider)

Now before I start I would just like to say that I love Disney and the relationships that they show, but if I had to choose a favorite it would have to be these two. The lengths Eugene would go to protect his lost princess just makes me cry every time. I mean he was all set to die for her so that she could finally be free. She was his new dream and he was his and that will always be beautiful.