When Problems Arise, Be Optimistic Even If You Have To Force It

Choosing To Be Optimistic Guarantees You A Better Day When You Wake Up Every Morning

Leave pessimism behind.

275
https://unsplash.com/photos/6_9TzlWhpdM

Have you ever felt like the whole world is against you when you're having a bad day? Like when you're late to work, all the traffic lights turn red just as you're about to drive past them, everyone drives slow in front of you, and there's an accident on the highway.

Or how about when you wake up feeling off and everything you had planned for the day doesn't go well? The meeting you had scheduled got canceled, you weren't able to finish the assignments you needed to get done, and the book you thought you needed to bring to class was the wrong one.

Or how about the time you start your day off really well but then you get a bad test grade back, and you want to talk to your professor about it but he/she responds with a cliche "It is what it is" lecture.

I think it's safe to say that we all have days better than others, and when those bad days come around, it discourages us from wanting to make it a better day. In fact, when some of us have a bad day, we allow it to take control, we become mad or moody, we may start expecting for more things to go wrong, we take it out on people who are close to us, and we go to bed thankful that the day is finally over.

I've recently learned that optimism can truly turn your day around. It might be easier said than done, but if an obstacle comes your way, instead of confronting it with insecurities or pessimism, you should reiterate that everything is okay and will be dealt with in the best way to yourself. I know it might sound a bit corny, but after you try it, I guarantee it will change the way you handle your bad days forever.

For example, in the case that you are late to work and you are punishing yourself the entire way there by thinking pessimistic thoughts like "I need to be more responsible," or "I can't believe I woke up late," or "I'm never going to make it there," or "what if I get fired?" All of these negative scenarios will only promote more negative things to happen throughout your day. Not only could your day get worse, but starting your day off pessimistically will attract more difficult situations.

Hence why instead of driving there with negative thoughts in mind, you should instead encourage yourself with positive affirmations like "it's okay, this can happen to anyone," or "the day is going to get better than this," or "no one will really notice, and if they do, it won't even matter." By saying optimistic phrases while you're facing a hard situation, it will automatically change your environment and better outcomes will come your way.

The same thing applies to waking up with an off feeling. If you start your day feeling strange and moody, then you will most likely have an unproductive and difficult day. This will lead you to waste a day all because of an initial feeling. Therefore, instead of pouting throughout the whole day, be sure to make yourself think of positive things. It may be hard to do at first, and you may not believe the affirmations you are telling yourself, but keep saying them until they come true. Repeating the same phrase of "I can't do this" or "I won't make it" over and over again instead of "I can do this" or "I will make it" is purely self-sabotage, and we do not have days to waste.

All in all, obstacles are thrown at us every day, but it's how you handle them that makes the true difference. Everyone has problems, but it's the way we confront them that truly matters. Either you will let the obstacles take over and drain you, or you surpass them and become stronger for it. Choose to have a greater mind filled with affirmations that can lead you to happier and better days. Don't conform with your bad day, and don't settle for anything less.