An Open Letter To My Mom For Mother's Day
popular

Here's to the best mom a girl could ask for.

5972
pixelstalk.net

Dear Mommy,

You won't receive this on Mother's Day, but I hope you know this is the recognition you should get all year round. Although receiving cards on Mother's Day is nice, I thought a better way to express how precious you really are was to let you and the world know with this open letter!

Growing up I was blessed enough to have such wonderful parents, but most importantly, an inspirational role model like yourself. As a child, I remember you coming home from work every day and thinking in my head how much I wanted to be like you — remembering everything from your professional wardrobe to your sassy attitude. I still wake up telling myself I want to be like you when I grow up.

As I progress through young adulthood, you are always there for me. You give so graciously, putting my needs over your own. I know I am a pain in the butt sometimes and ask questions about simple things that I should already know the answer to, yet you never fail to supply me with the things I need to get through the day. I hope you know I am so appreciative of the fact that I can call you if something is wrong, to ask for help or even just to talk. Many mothers and daughters do not have the kind of relationship we share, and I am so glad to tell the world!

Although I am growing into my own person, I will always need you. When I get sick, the first person I want to call is you. When I have things I am worried about, I know I can pick up the phone and call you, even if I have to call your cell phone, Daddy, the house and work phone. When I have to say "the way my bank account is set up..." I know I can call you to ask for financial help. Thanks for being such a cool mom and helping me every step of the way.

Proverbs 6:20-21 says, "My son, keep your father’s command and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. Bind them always on your heart; fasten them around your neck." I think this is something we can relate to without a doubt. If I call home with a question, and Daddy answers the phone, his usual response is, "You will have to ask your mom about that." Daddy is the one who has the final say when it comes to some of the important matters, but you are always there to give reasoning and valuable life lessons. Fortunately enough for me, your teachings are one of a kind, and I am able to take them into this crazy world.

Most of our family, friends and peers are aware that I am the epitome of you. We think alike. If I got my attitude and strength from anyone, it is most definitely from you. I love that we can talk about anything and have crazy laughs. We may not always agree on some topics, but at any time I will stick up for you in any situation. I will protect you as you protect me. I will have your back as if it were my own, and at the end of the day, I will always be your mini-me!

I am proud to call you my mother, and God knew exactly what He was doing with us. You are funny, beautiful, strong and so much more! I thank you for being you. I could not have asked for a better mother and best friend. I love you! Happy Mother's Day!

Love,

Khadijah