An Open Letter To My Younger Sister

An Open Letter To My Younger Sister

Dear sis, you have no idea how much you mean to me?

7
An Open Letter To My Younger Sister
Sydney Clark

Dear sister,

First, I just want to thank God for blessing me when He brought you into the world on April 7, 2003. I truly cannot imagine life without you in it. Life would honestly be much more boring if I wasn't able to come home and annoy and aggravate you.

When you were born, however, it took me a while to get used to you. After all, I was an only child for seven years before you came along. I was extremely spoiled before you were born, for I got almost everything that I wanted. You, however, got away and still get away with way more stuff than I ever did. I was in first grade when you were born, and I remember being so excited that I was going to be a big sister. I told myself that I was going to be the best big sister ever, and I would take care of you.

When Hurricane Katrina happened in '05, you were two years old, and that was an extremely trying time for our family. We evacuated to Austin, Texas, and we lived there for several months. I truly believe that the "terrible two" phenomenon is a real thing, and you were a perfect example of that. Crying and having severe tantrums were like a hobby for you during that time. As I look back, I wonder if your tantrums had to do with the fact that we were away from home, and you sensed that something was wrong.

Despite the seven-year age gap between us, I believe that we are becoming closer and closer as we both become older. BeI cannot believe that you're a teenager in high school now. One con to living two states away is the fact that I don't get to see you and talk to you everyday. I am grateful for the time that I get to spend with you when I am home for breaks. I can't wait to see what's in store for us in the future. I love you with my whole heart, Madison!

gif courtesy of giphy.com