An Open Letter to the World's Greatest Dad

A thank you to the best dad ever.

185

Dad,

Since I can remember I have always thought you were the greatest person to walk the planet. I'm sure many girls grow up thinking they have the world's greatest dad, but little do they know my dad takes the cake in parenting. I've always appreciated you, but since living on my own in college you've been the most stable person in life. You will probably never understand how grateful I am for your consistent love and wisdom. This is my thank you to you.

THANK YOU

Thank you for you always being just one phone call away.

When I am scared to walk to my car after a late night at work. Even if it's 2 AM on a Thursday night and you have to be up for work at 5. Not only do you answer after the second ring, you always sound so happy to take my call and listen to me bitch and moan about my shift until I make it home safely. I only hope that one day I can find a man willing to put up with some of the things you do!

Thank you for always having my back.

There have been times I was worried whether or not I had made the right decisions in friendships, relationships, school, and work. If you have taught me anything, it is to be sure about myself. You're always the first to hear about my smallest issues, but the best advice you have ever given me was, "F**** it, if it does not make you happy or better your life, do not waste your time." One F**** it conversation with you and life seems to make sense again.

Thank you for being an amazing role model to me and my two sisters.

My entire life I have seen you do nothing but work hard for everything that we have. You have faced more struggles in your life than anyone I have ever met. Losing both of your parents at my age and being able to pay your way through college is something I could never imagine. Now you have worked your way up to one of the top positions in your company and this proves that in life nothing can stop me from accomplishing my goals. Through your struggles you have given your family a life that your parents would be so proud of.

Thank you for being so patient and loving.

I know that having three daughters and a crazy lady for a wife (love you mom) cannot be the easiest! From the endless fights over clothes, tears over boys, and even trips to buy tampons, you are our Iron Man. I have seen you go to hell and back to make sure your girls are happy and your patience is pretty much impeccable at this point.

Thank you for being you.

Not only are you the smartest person I know, but I hate to admit you're also the funniest person. Though your jokes may be inappropriate at times we can always count on you to make conversation fun by saying something you probably shouldn't, but it always gets a laugh. You can make anyone's day better, and you have a solution to everything. You are constantly giving and have never asked for anything in return. You think before you speak and you mean everything that you say.

I know I have a lot more to learn from you, but one thing I have learned is that I am the luckiest girl alive to have you as my dad!

I love you,

Lex