Open Letter to the Friend Who's Apparently Too Good for Me

You not only lost your friends, you lost yourself.

279
Google

I think we all went to school with a jock. The guy, or girl that was smart, good at sports, and thought they would go above and beyond all other students. I went to school with one and at one point we were best friends. So this is the open letter to the jock that's apparently too good to be my best friend..

Have Your Voice Heard: Become an Odyssey Creator

You told me everything. I can count numerous times where you would call me and tell me everything your terrible girlfriend did or said. We would talk for hours and text all the time and everyone thought we would get together. I'm not sure when you stopped telling me everything, but you did and we haven't talked since.

You thought you were better than everyone. You didn't always think this. It just happened over time. Maybe it was that horrible girlfriend you had for too long. Maybe it was every time I told you, that you were better than her you thought I meant everyone. You aren't. You were better in school and sports and thought you would go to the best college, and you didn't.

You stepped on everyone. You really thought no one would notice how you used them. Again, you weren't always this way, I just don't know how it got this bad. You threw away all your "useless" friends for stuck up friends. You don't even talk to them anymore..

You didn't leave our town. All you wanted to do was be something. You wanted out of our small town and now you're more stuck than any of us. You are currently enrolled in a community college, but doing all your classes online because you don't want anyone to know.

You not only lost your friends, but you lost yourself.