An Open Letter To My Big

An Open Letter To My Big

I can't imagine my life without you in it.

291
An Open Letter To My Big
Samantha Crosier

Hi Friend,

I can't believe that just half a year ago I didn't even know who you were. Now, I can't imagine life without you. Going through recruitment and finding you in my sorority was one of the best things that could've happened to me in my first year at school. I sometimes still can't believe I was lucky enough to have you as my Big and to officially be a part of your little sorority family.

First off, I cannot believe how alike we are. Never in a million years did I ever think my Big would have the same passions, hobbies and values as I do. I was nervous about who my Big might be, even though I loved the idea of having one. I never thought that my Big would be someone that I could look to in any given situation, but you definitely proved my thoughts wrong. Big / Little reveal brought so many nerves. I was worried that we would not end up together because you had fooled me throughout the whole week. When I saw you standing in front of me at reveal, I couldn't help giving you the biggest hug; I was too happy for words.

Thank you for being there for me always. No matter what I need, whether it's the stupidest question that you've ever heard or a situation that I need help in, you are always there. Not only are you there, but you just smile at me and give me the warmest hug which makes me feel so much better. You always know just what to say and have helped me so much already.

You have always put a smile on my face, especially when I need it most. It's like you have a sense of when I need a laugh or a pick me up throughout the day. I love how we can laugh at each other when we do something silly or something that we may not necessarily be proud of. I love to hear the crazy stories from your life and I love telling you mine. It's the best to just laugh off the awkward moments and interesting times that we have.

Thanks for always including me and introducing me to your friends. You could've kept your Little and your friends separate, but you always invite me to several events you go to, which means a lot. I love spending time with you and it's always great to see you more than usual.

Thank you for listening to me complain about my professors, friends and life situations. I know I can trust you with anything and I really like having someone that I can go to about anything and know that I can trust that you'll help me. Likewise, thanks for always looking out for me. You and I both know that I can be a crazy, clumsy girl and am at times a handful, so thank you for tolerating me. Thank you for always making yourself available when I need you most.

Finally, thank you so much for being you. I can't imagine the world without my Big. It would be a cold, unfortunate place. You fill my life with so much love and sunshine and I couldn't ask for a better big in any lifetime.

I love you more than you will ever know!

Your Little (a.k.a., Smallest)