A Reminder To My Girl

A Reminder To My Girl

I'm not saying that you need saving, because you're way stronger than I could ever be.

356
A Reminder To My Girl
personal photo

I never used to pay attention to small details. I just focused on the same things that everyone else knew about people. I guess I didn't care enough, and why would I? They weren't different, or special, or intriguing. They weren't worth remembering, so details never mattered. But with you, I want to know everything.

I just want to know you. I want to know what keeps you up at night when I'm not there. I want to know your deepest secrets, even the ones you think I'll judge you for. I want to know why you feel like you deserve so much less when in reality you deserve the universe. I want to know why you chose me. Every detail is important. I want to notice every freckle, every scar, every blemish. I want to know YOU.

What makes you cringe? What makes you smile until your cheeks hurt? What is your future going to be? I want you to realize that nothing could ever change my feelings for you. You have entered my life, and completely reconstructed how I feel about everything. Everything has new meaning and not many things matter.

I want to do everything with you, just to see you grin. I want to show you new things, and protect you from any negativity. You've already been through way too much, and I hate that you had to go through it on your own, but those things have elapsed, and you're here now. Everything in your past has led you to this moment. I'm in love with the person you are today. So, please let me continue to know you. Let me learn from you, teach you, laugh with you.

I'm not saying that you need saving, because you're way stronger than I could ever be. I am saying that I'm here forever. I'm here because I want to be. I'm here because at this point, I need to be. I just want to know you, maybe even more than myself.